To You//55

To You: The End

—————————————————

"See, when I was in college, I didn't bother to make much friends. But my last year of college, four years ago, I was feeling kind of lonely. I've told my best friend how I wanted to do the thing I wanted ever since I was a child – To leave a letter somewhere and hope a stranger will see it and write me back.

He was the one to fully convince me to do it after I told him I had my doubts. I didn't expect anyone to respond but it actually happened in the end! I've received my response, and thus began my little friendship with the person.

The rules were that we can never say anything too personal – like our names, addresses, where we worked, what college we attended etc. You'd think that without those things there weren't many conversations to make right? Wrong.

We've talked about many things, books being one of our main topics. Throughout the whole year, we've exchanged letters in the weirdest way possible. There was this one tree in the forest in which we'd leave the letters. To me, it was impressive as to how someone managed to find the letter I left in the first place.

Unfortunately, our story ended when I finished college and moved. I've told the stranger that I no longer will be able to write them letters because I was moving, and they propositioned that we just stop – let the anonymity stay relevant until the end.

That was my inspiration for "Trees" – The principle is the same, the only difference is that my book becomes a love story whereas in real life nothing happened. The reason this became a love story was because my pen-pal told me they liked to read romances. I wrote this book specifically for them.

This is probably going to sound shocking to my friends who didn't know about this stranger I talked to. Funnily enough, many of them asked me "What made you write a romance novel when the past two books you wrote were mostly crime fiction?" and I just couldn't tell them "Hey, I've actually exchanged letters with this random person for a year – yeah we exchanged them in a forest."

So, if the stranger is listening, this one is for you and I hope you enjoy it. Thank you for making my last year of college interesting."

"There you have it folks. This was taken from the interview we've done with one of our favorite writers, (Y/N) (L/N). That's how her bestseller "Trees" came to be!"

Turning down the radio, the (H/C) girl turned towards her companion who stood behind her, listening intently. She grinned at the boy, embracing him in a tight hug.

"Did you hear that Jack? A bestseller!"

Jack chuckled at her excitement, planting a kiss on the top of her head. He could feel her heartbeat bump excitedly, prompting him to rub circles on her back.

"You did it love. Congratulations."

Looking up at him, the girl couldn't help but laugh, happiness seeping through her own being. She gave him a quick peck on the lips before letting go and sprawling on the chair.

"You've got to take credit as well, hadn't you responded to my letters this book wouldn't exist."

His gaze never left her form, observing how her lips stretched more and more into a breathtaking smile, the teary eyes while she listened to herself speak on the radio and her hands that shook in excitement. Last time he'd seen her this happy was when they've moved. It was a beautiful sight to see.

They were lucky to live so far away from people, (Y/N)'s excited squeal would've probably alarmed people so early in the morning. Even if there were people around who happened to mind hearing her, Jack would make sure that they never complain again.

"I guess my responses did help a little, huh?" He joked, making her giggle.

She deserved to be happy, to smile every day and enjoy her life in any way she wants to. It was weird to see her so cheery when she'd finish writing a part of her book, Jack thought that writers are usually tired and out of it after spending so much time staring at a screen. (Y/N) happened to be the opposite.

The girl would always sit with him after a long day of working and speak about every little detail she managed to get in the book. When she had told him what it will be about, he was ecstatic in his own way.

What a trip they've been through. Both growing in their own way, opening doors of a different future for each other - Jack and (Y/N) were grateful. A lovely story, weird and morbid as it may be, it was theirs. They are happy, and that is all that matters now.

"Yeah. Your letters to me, and my letters to you."

——————————————
Wow :) I finally finished! I hope you folks are satisfied with the ending, even if it didn't include marriage or kids - those types of endings never were my cup of tea. I won't say anything else here - everything I want to say is going to be uploaded in my thank you note right after this chapter. Feel free to ask questions, say just about anything if you'd like down there :) See you!