Death//49

WARNING: Mentions of an anxiety attack.

Death (Tarot): Upright, meaning endings, change, transformation, transition.
————————————————

(Y/N) watched as Tanya served a table for two, her chin resting on her hand. The girl was impatient, wanting to finish her tasks for the day and head to the park as fast as she can. There still wasn't any news on what the police planned and it worried her. Obviously, Jack had something planned, but not knowing what that plan was drove her crazy.

(Y/N)'s own thinking made her realize that Jack didn't tell her simply because he knew she'd pick her own brains if the plan he had seemed weak. Times like these reminded her that even if they are together, their worlds are still very different. Maybe her knowledge on things that came from books and crime shows wasn't helpful to Jack. He probably had his own ways of solving things – ways that (Y/N) didn't want to think about.

There have been countless times in the past in which they'd both see each other concentrated over their little plans. Jack would observe her while she planned her schedules and she'd observe him while he planned murder.

Yeah, not even close.

Her time at work passed slowly, so much so that she asked Tanya if she could leave fifteen minutes earlier. The excuse being some important thing happening at her college. (Y/N) was aware that at this point she was a borderline pathological liar, and she didn't mind anymore.

She had about 45 minutes until her lessons start, which gave her enough time to collect the letter. People who occupied the park didn't seem like they were observing their surroundings, so she calmly walked over to the tree near it and took the letter.

"Dear diary,
I've had such a good meal today. I've visited a restaurant near my friend's home and we had a great time. I was thinking about visiting there again soon. The meat they served was very delicious."

Well what the fuck Hannibal Lecter?

The letter provided no information whatsoever, which annoyed (Y/N) deeply. Whatever his plan was, he wanted to make sure that she doesn't find out about it.

Is that plan so crazy that I can't even know a small detail about it?

Dragging her hand over her face, she sighed and crumpled the letter. Seeing that he wasn't willing to be cooperative she wrote him a simple letter and left the park. (Y/N) had no idea that while she was there, Jack's plan was already coming to an end.

"Dear diary,
Today people around me are being dicks."

Lauren, Andrew and (Y/N) sat at their usual place in the café. The TV in there was slightly turned up, which made people around them get a little louder when speaking.

"So what happened with that search the cops did?" Andrew questioned, sparing a glance to the TV.

"Nothing apparently. They questioned people near the forest and found those coordinates along with three missing people – dead obviously." Lauren replied, her eyes not leaving the screen in front of her.

Andrew plastered a concerned look followed by a slight smile, not knowing if he should laugh at the response or not.

"That was kind of uncalled for-"

"What? There's no other way to say it – come to think of it, (Y/N), weren't you questioned by the police as well?" Lauren spoke, now shifting her gaze on the (H/C) haired girl.

"Huh? Yeah, but they didn't ask anything significant. The questions seemed a little bland if you ask me, but whatever."

As Andrew was getting ready to add something to the conversation, the news intro interrupted him, making the trio snap their heads towards the TV yet again.

"This morning a catastrophe happened. The police has kept quiet about the coordinates they have found, and this morning sent out a raid to the place they led to. The coldblooded killer that has been terrorizing our town and towns near has been contained. Unfortunately, while doing so, there were many casualties. The raid that happened was one of the biggest ones in our town, and it took five lives. Police has prohibited spreading any information about the killer."

(Y/N)'s stomach sank. The girl stared at the TV screen, eyes watering, the sounds around her completely blocked out besides the woman on the screen. Her hands started shaking and she felt as if she was going to suffocate.

Did the plan fail? The plan failed? They caught Jack?

"I'm not feeling well..." She spoke, making Lauren and Andrew look towards her, now seeing in what condition she was in. The two started calling out for her, careful not to alert people around them in case they manage to calm her down easily.

When she didn't respond, Lauren's first though was to call 911, but was instantly stopped by Andrew who got up and splashed (Y/N) with some water.

His now wet hand began slapping her cheek slightly and it was only then that she managed to get back to her senses just a little.

They didn't know why her behavior suddenly changed, but they thought that maybe it was some sort of relief. It's been a long time since the first murder happened near her home, she must've been stressed all this time because of it. Living alone can prove to be a bad thing when situations like that take place too.

"Hey, let's get you home, okay?" Andrew spoke, slowly lifting her up from the chair. (Y/N) tried her hardest to snap out of it for her own sake, but it didn't seem to work. Lauren got up from her chair and ran to pay the bill, not wanting to waste too much time inside.

The girl held onto her friends for support, her legs giving out every now and then. Her thoughts were so tangled that she didn't even notice how fast Andrew and Lauren managed to get her home.

Now seated on her own couch, a glass of water was brought up to her lips, forcing her to drink. Andrew turned on her TV, putting on a movie as background noise before he walked towards (Y/N) and gently grabbed her by the chin.

"Listen to me, your phone is on the coffee table. Lauren re-filled your cup and we've left you a bagel too. If anything happens, if you need anything – call. It doesn't matter who or when, just call." He spoke softly, making her nod.

They tucked her in, taking the spare key she had to lock the doors from the outside and left shortly after. (Y/N) was able to come back to her senses a while later, and when she did, she began crying.

The depressing thoughts occupying her head made it hard to function, so she just remained tucked in on her couch, unmoving.

She didn't remember falling asleep, but her eyelids opening slowly because of a noise that came from the left side of her couch proved that she did fall asleep at one point.

Too tired and worn out to move properly, the girl gently moved her head in the direction of the noise, and was met with a familiar tall figure that wore a signature blue mask – standing right above her.

—————————————
Hello folks! I'm a bit late with the chapter bc I forgot that I was supposed to update,,, my apologizes for that.
The fic isn't over yet btw, since the title might be a little misleading.

I also wanted to thank you all for 1K votes and almost 20K reads! To be honest, I genuinely never expected this fic to "blow up" , so seeing that so many of you are enjoying it makes me really happy!

That's about it for now, I'll be uploading a new chapter on Tuesday, have a wonderful day/night and remember to take care of yourselves!