Tryst//20

Tryst: A private romantic rendezvous between lovers.
———————————————————————

Jack expected many things, but being held at gunpoint wasn't on the list.

Entering the girl's room, he had thought that she was asleep, but he couldn't be more wrong. Trembling, with a gun pointed at him, her expression showed nothing. No anger, fear, anything – just a blank face.

"Shooting me won't help you in any way." He spoke, making the girl furrow her brows slightly. Still not putting the gun down, Jack walked over to her chair and sat. The girl's gun and eyes followed each step he took, not once stopping or looking away. He was pretty sure she wasn't even blinking.

"I am here to talk. I don't plan to hurt you in any way, unless you make me."

(Y/N) couldn't speak at first. When the killer appeared in her room, she realized just how tall he really was. The man, a foot taller than Oliver stood in her room, the navy blue mask decorating his face.

Hearing him speak completely caught her off guard. Soothing, soft voice that would make her swoon if the circumstances were different. 

Paralyzed with fear, (Y/N) gulped and readjusted her grip on the gun, squeezing the handle harder. The mysterious man noticed too, huffing as some sort of a response to her action.

How am I supposed to believe anything he had said? Did he think that I'll put the gun down and just have a normal conversation with him? How crazy is this man?

"What do you want from me?"

Voice cracks weren't something (Y/N) needed right now, but there's no use trying to stop it. There was no confidence in the way she spoke, sentence sounding like a broken record. The man tilted his head, two black holes on his mask burning through her own eyes. It was strange how dark those holes were, as if there was nothing behind them.

"To talk. Put the gun down before I snatch it away from you." The man threatened, making her shiver.

She thought about just shooting him and making a run for it, but would she even hit him? (Y/N)'s bluffing wasn't the best, but it seemed to do the trick. He probably had no idea she didn't know how to properly aim.

"How do you expect me to put the gun down and talk to you just like that? You came into my house and you're threatening me. If you want to talk then talk, but the gun stays in place."

The boy chuckled at her rambling, making her feel insecure with the response she had given.

"When was the exact moment you knew who I really was?" he questioned. (Y/N) paused for a second before responding.

"After the incident I told you about. You stood on a tree with no leaves, not the best hiding spot especially with that... thing on your face. But I wasn't sure about it until I've seen that mask again while researching."

"So why not report it? You saw me back then and let it go? How stupid." He mocked.

She had to fight the urge to just tell him off, knowing that if she didn't – the conversation wouldn't last any longer.

"And say what? I saw a man with a mask standing on a tree while I was responding to a letter I found in a tree hole? They would think I'm crazy."

"Why continue writing letters then?"

He was getting on her nerves. Does he not realize who he is? He's acting as if he's just a random person making small talk with me, not a murderer on the loose.

"Knowing where that mask is from I don't think it would be a good idea. Who knows to what lengths would you go to find and kill me. I wasn't putting anyone else in danger because of my stupid mistake." (Y/N)'s hands began to hurt from the weight of the gun. She wondered if he was ever going to leave or kill her at least.

"Does the mask scare you?" he questioned. The way he had phrased it, (Y/N) couldn't help but think twice before responding somehow. It's like the mask he wore was a sensitive topic for him. Shifting on her bed slightly, the girl could only nod, not wanting to anger the cultist with her opinions on it.

The boy hummed  - "Too bad, you're going to have to get used to it."

(Y/N) froze. Get used to it? Was he not going to leave? Million different thoughts ran through the girl's head, each one scarier than the previous. The killer looked at her hands that began trembling harder before letting out a short laugh. His laugh made her stomach hurt. (Y/N) felt as if she was going to faint soon.

"Are you going to sacrifice me? What will you do with me?" she asked, her voice giving away the fear and nervousness she felt. He only looked at her, his figure seeming to tense at her questions.

"I'm not a part of the cult you're speaking of."

"What the fuck are you then!? A fucking cannibal!? What do you want from me? If you think that I'm going to rat you out to the police you're wrong! I've got nothing to gain, no evidence, nothing! Why can't you just leave me alone!?" she finally snapped. The mixture of all the negative emotions finally spilt out of her, and she had made a mistake.

Jumping from the chair, the man snatched the gun from her in one swift move, throwing it on the ground. Grabbing her by the hair with one hand, he pulled her head upwards which made (Y/N) yelp in pain. Before she could let out a scream though, she felt his other hand cover her mouth.

"I don't think I appreciate the tone of your voice, little lamb. If you behave I might tell you. The longer you resist and yell, the worse it'll be." he growled, continuing, "I'm going to move my hand now. If you scream-" he moved his hand away from her hair and pulled a scalpel from his hoodie pocket, "-I'll cut you up real good and make sure to enjoy both of those kidneys for dinner. Understood?"

(Y/N) nodded, tears running down her face. When he moved his hand from her mouth, she let out an exhale. Her shaking form only continued to get worse, while her head throbbed from the pull. It was strange how the expression on her face remained dead besides the tears.

During this whole conversation, she had hoped that it was just a nightmare that she would wake up from soon. However, the man's voice only made her hopes break, returning her back to reality.

"You have two days to prove your worth to me. Give me a reason to leave you alive. Don't even try escaping, I will be staying in your house for the time being." He said, watching as the girl wiped her tears.

"Will you leave me alone then?"

He chuckled, lifting his mask to his nose with one hand and lifting the girl's chin with the other. She looked at the exposed part of his face, forcing her own expression to remain monotone.

Who knows how this asshole would react if I showed any other expression.

The man had gray skin, but as weird as it was, she didn't care about it. What really made her stomach drop were the sharp shark-like teeth that graced his grin and the black substance sliding down his cheeks.

"You're in too deep to be left alone, little lamb. You won't be getting rid of me any time soon – if you wake up on a Monday that is."

Moving his mask back down, the man started walking towards her bedroom door, giving her one last glance. She looked at him with an expression that seemed to confuse him somehow, she couldn't tell.

"The name's Jack." was all she heard before he left her room.
—————————————————————
Hello! I've finally written this chapter then,,, expect another one tomorrow hahahaha.
I hope you enjoy, and I hope you are all taking proper care of yourselves <3