Time//40

Time: The indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present and future, regarded as a whole.
—————————————————

(Y/N)'s whole week passed in a blur. Her classes, work, daily life in general annoyed her as much to make her overwork herself until she'd pass out earlier than usual. She wanted Saturday to arrive more than anything, and when it finally did, the girl went running out of her apartment towards the forest.

With her bag clutched in her hands, she finally slowed her pace and walked on the forest path - it wasn't necessary to draw attention to her anyway. People were already walking around since it wasn't that early. Looking at the clock on her phone, it showed that it was 11:23 – she had slept in accidentally.

It was warmer today, March was just around the corner and the temperatures were slowly beginning to rise. The sun hit (Y/N)'s skin, warming her face and making her squint her eyes. She took a turn to the smaller path, careful not to draw any other people in.

There weren't many joggers, the usual bunch would always be here very early in the morning. It made (Y/N) feel more content, knowing that she won't need to be as careful. She didn't want random people watching as she stuck her hand in a tree hole for seemingly no reason.

The girl prepared for the worst when she pulled out the neatly folded paper, thinking that she will just see the words she wrote and that this will be the end. Unfolding the paper, she was met with a short sentence in a handwriting she never thought she'd miss so much.

"Tonight, one in the morning. Don't be late, and don't worry about anything."

(Y/N) didn't know whether she should cry or be happy. On one hand, he was alive and well and that made her feel lighter. The other? She didn't know if Jack was mad at her. If he was, who's to say that he wouldn't lash out and worst case scenario kill her? Of course, she trusted him, he had so many chances to kill her and eat her kidneys but he never did.

The rational side of hers was the one filling her with anxiety. He did say that she shouldn't worry about anything, which was a little confusing. Did he know she was scared or was it the fact that she has to leave her house late at night completely alone?

Could be both.

She barely made it to Saturday, and now she has to wait hours until she finally sees Jack. Nervousness was eating her alive which was understandable. The two haven't seen each other in a month, and (Y/N) had no idea what Jack was feeling like. The girl could only hope that he had no ill intentions towards her.

Seeing that she didn't have much to do, she decided to go to the park near her and stay there for a while. Fresh air should do her justice after days of stress.

The park was filled with little kids and their parents running around and playing. It brought a smile to her face. So young, with nothing to care about in the world - it was a nice sight to see.

Taking a seat on the nearest bench, (Y/N) observed the people around her. It was one of those days that was nearly perfect for a long walk that would end with a drink or two in some café in the city. It reminded her of when she went outside with Oliver, Andrew and Lauren back in October.

The sudden memory made her realize that she didn't speak to Oliver for a couple of days, so it'd be smart to give him a call. Taking her phone she noticed that an hour passed by already, which made sense as weird as it may be. Time went by rather quickly today - not that she was complaining.

The sooner this is over the better it is.

"Do you know how much money I'm getting for this one specific piece? It's crazy!"