Protective Juliana

•Mystic Falls, Present Day•

I was furious. Furious that after all of my years of staying beside Katherine, being her puppet, being her fake best friend, she would choose someone like Stefan to protect her rather than me. The person who loves her unconditionally, and would do anything for her. Who would kill anyone and everyone to protect her, but I would always be the last person she chooses.

After leaving the Salvatore house, I raced all the way home. Deep down, I wanted to watch over Katherine to make sure she was safe, but my emotions were all over the place and more than anything else, I wanted to tear Stefan Salvatore into pieces. I also wanted to rip out Elena's heart, for being the reason why Katherine was human, making her feel like the only person that Katherine could turn to was the Salvatore brothers and not me.

For the first time in a very long time, my emotions truly felt all over the place. I felt like I had just turn again and had no control over myself and how to feel. I was on the edge of falling apart, falling into a place I knew would be difficult to come back from, especially without Katherine's help or Abby's help.

Then I destroyed my entire house. I grabbed every piece of furniture and smashed them into pieces, threw them against the walls, tore cabinets from the walls, anything to help release my emotions. But once I had let all of my anger and frustration out, the only emotion I had left was sadness and pain.

Tears began rolling down my cheeks uncontrollably and I felt myself slide down the closest wall onto the floor where I held myself as I cried. I wanted it to all go away. My love for Katherine. My hate of Katherine.

Remembering what Caroline told me, I pulled out my phone from my back pocket with shaking hands and called her number. After the first two rings, she answered.

"Hi, Julia!" Caroline started. "You won't believe what happened to me and Elena tonight. Our roommate-"

I cut her off, "S-she rejected me." I sobbed into the phone, trying to hold back my tears, but it was a battle that I knew I wasn't going to win. "She doesn't want me."

Caroline sighed, "Juliana..."

"Why doesn't she want me? I've done everything for her!" I cried into the phone. "I just want her to choice me first."

Holding back my tears didn't last long, because I started to cry into the phone. Caroline didn't interrupt me, she just waited and listened. As much as Caroline loved to talk about herself, she was a great listener when she wanted to be, one of the very few qualities that I love about her.

Once my crying turned into a quiet hiccup, Caroline finally spoke up. "Juliana, I think it's time for you to go home to your family. I know you love her, but Katherine will never feel the same way about you and all she will continue to do is break your heart, and I don't want to see you broken. You need to be around people you love."

I snuffed and nodded, even though I knew she couldn't see me. "I t-think you are right. I know Abby has miss me, she'll probably beat the shit out of me, but then start crying." I chuckled, thinking about how Abby would react to me coming home. But then the painful part occurred to me. Peyton. As much as I love Katherine, Peyton had a big piece of my heart. The thought about seeing Peyton with someone else, that she moved on, scares me. "But Caroline, what about Peyton?"

"It will hurt at first, but I know you'll be able to move on, knowing that she is safe. That's the most important part of all of this."

"Okay," I started and slowly pulled myself off the floor. "I guess I should get packing." I paused and glanced around my destroyed living room and kitchen. "Thank you Caroline."