Dr. Maxfield

•Mystic Falls, Present •

Luckily for us, I realized that the diner we were at was not far from Caroline's dorm and I thought that would be a much better place to go than the motel. Plus, once Katherine noticed the gray in her hair, she had a hard time continuing to eat and I reminded myself about Elena and Caroline's meal plan, and that Katherine would make more use out of it than them. However, Katherine was dead set on stopping at some convenient store and buying a box of hair dye. Her reasoning was so she could look more like Elena, which I didn't buy. Katherine loved her hair more than anything and for it to be an another color, was mentally killing her. 

Once we got to Caroline's dorm, Katherine told the resident assistant that she forgot her keys inside the dorm and that her roommate had already left and wasn't picking up her phone. Of course the RA bought the story and quickly let us upstairs to Elena and Caroline's dorm. 

Inside, Katherine was quick to rush off into the bathroom and began her hair dyeing experience while I just lingered around the dorm inspecting everything. Granted, I already knew how the dorm was going to be set up because Caroline had spent all summer planning it and she constantly asked my opinion about her ideas until I got annoyed and told her stop. 

But once I heard Katherine get into the shower, I decided to snoop around to try and find Katherine something to eat. Of course, the mini fridge was only stocked with bottles blood and a few water bottles, but no food. I sighed before glancing at the bathroom door. Katherine should be fine for a few minutes while I go scoop out some snacks for her. 

Of course, the only thing I was able to find within a short distance of Caroline's dorm was just a vending machine. Well, it's food for now, until I can convince Caroline to give me Elena's meal card. I bought a handful of snacks before heading back up stairs to the room when I heard Caroline's voice on the other side of the door. 

I froze within my tracks. I thought for sure Caroline would be back in Mystic Falls with Elena and Damon especially after last nights events. Or something along those lines. But then again, I haven't spoken to Caroline in a while and I don't even know how she is doing at college or what has been going on with her since I have been so focused on Katherine's wellbeing and making sure she is okay. I just had to hope and pray that maybe, just maybe, Katherine could play being Elena for a little bit, just enough to get Caroline to leave. But at the same time, I could just walk in and tell Caroline everything and hope and pray she would help Katherine, despite everything she had done. 

Before I could make my decision on what to do, I heard Katherine's voice speak up and I decided not to intervene, unless Caroline did something to Katherine. I leaned against the door and listened into there conversation, hoping that Caroline wouldn't do anything to hurt Katherine especially after what she went through last night. 

"Um, we're moving out?" Katherine questioned, and I couldn't help be curious as to why Caroline was moving out. All summer, the only thing Caroline could talk about was going to college with Elena and Bonnie and having normal lives, but now she was leaving? Something was up. 

"Hello?" Caroline asked, as if the answer was obvious. "Dr. Maxfield thinks we're vampires, you know, threatened to expose us, told us to drop out." I felt the guilt start to settle in as I heard my friends problems. She was going through a lot, probably even more than she was letting on, But I have been so focused on taking care of Katherine, I completely forgot about everyone else and everything. But after what happened last night, and the feeling I felt, thinking that Katherine had died, made protecting Katherine my number one priority. I didn't like the feeling I experienced at all, something about it, was unsettling and I didn't want to see what would happened to me if Katherine ended up dead.