I'm Juliana's girlfriend

•Chicago, Illinois  Present Day•

Katherine was getting desperate. No matter how long she followed Klaus and Stefan, she was no where closer to finding out about Juliana. For the once in their friendship, Katherine did not know where Juliana was. Every other time, Katherine always had someone following her, so she knew where she was. After the whole incident at the church, Katherine still knew where Juliana was and did not have to worry about her going anywhere.

But now, she was losing hope, so she did something she would have never thought of doing. She called for help.

After two rings, he answered. "You're interrupting my drink." The older Salvatore brother replied.

Katherine replied with her iconic line like usual. "You miss me?"

"Katherine. Where are you?" He asked, slightly annoyed. Damon had rather hoped to be done with Katherine after she had been set free from Klaus and would never have to hear from her again. There was no need of her any more in their small town.

Katherine chuckled, "Lurking outside your window, pinning away."

Damon was quick to get to the point, "What do you want?"

Katherine mentally hesitated, she didn't want to sound desperate, that would ruin her reputation as the heartless bitch who never needed anyone's help. "I'm homesick. What have I missed?"

Damon sighed, "Well, Stefan's still Klaus' little prisoner, and Elena still thinks she can save him. And no one's thought about you since you left." Katherine mentally groaned, he did not mention anything about Juliana and she knew right then that Damon wouldn't know anything about her and her whereabouts.

Even thought Katherine could have just ended the phone call right then and there, she decided to carry on with the conversation. Just to have some fun since all of her time has been spent looking for Juliana, maybe teasing Damon would give her some pleasure. "And what about you? I'm sure now that you've given up on your brother, you're plotting some sort of way of moving on his girlfriend." 

"I didn't give up on him. I just don't know where he is."

"Hmm." Maybe Damon was not a complete waste of time. If she was able to strike a deal with him, maybe, just maybe, Damon could help her in looking for Juliana.

"But you do." Katherine smiled into the phone, knowing she had something that he wanted. She had the upper ground and she loved it. It had been so long since she's had it. "Are you trailing them?"

Katherine played it off cool. "A hybrid who wants me dead and his sidekick who's off the rails? I couldn't be further away."

"Which means you know exactly where they are."

"All I know is that Klaus pitched a fit once his hybrids didn't work. Now he's looking for some answers."

"How do you know that?"

Katherine rolled her eyes, "Spend five-hundred years running, and there will be a few people along the way that are looking out for you." Katherine felt a slight jab at her heart after saying those words. Juliana was one of these people who always looked out for her, even thought Katherine never did the same for her.

"Is that what you're doing? Looking out for my brother?"

"Maybe, maybe not. I'm conflicted."

"Where are they?"

Katherine paused, this might be here only chance in asking Damon about Julia. "How about I make a deal with you?"

Damon hesitated, what could Katherine possible what now? She had her freedom and everything she could every possibly want. "What do you want?"