Vervain

•Mystic Falls, 1864•

Emily went upstairs to Katherine's room and knocked on the door until she heard a faint 'Yes'. Emily slowly opened the door, where she saw Katherine straddling Damon on the bed. "Excuse me, Miss Katherine. Miss Pearl is here to see you." Emily told Katherine.

Katherine turned to Damon, "I'll be down soon. Please ask her to wait." She responded while Emily wait at the door. "Thank you, Emily." Emily nodded and left the room.

~

Once Katherine was fully dress she went downstairs and saw her dear best friend and Emily next to her. "It's good to see you, Pearl."

Pearl looked up at her friend, "Perhaps we could talk outside."

Katherine stared at her and knew it was something important, mostly likely related to the vampires. Once she was all the way down the steps, Katherine looked at Emily. "Emily, would you please tell Mr. Salvatore that I've stepped away?"

Emily raised an eyebrow, "Which one?" Emily questioned.

Katherine smirked and turned to her, "Both." She answered. Emily nodded and went upstairs to tell the Salvatore brothers the news.

Then Pearl and Katherine walked out of the house to the front yard to have their talk. Pearl was the first one to speak up. "How long do you plan on staying with the Salvatore's?" She asked. "People talk, Katherine. You, carrying on with both brothers, doesn't help the situation."

Katherine rolled her eyes, "The Salvatore's have been kind to take me in. As far as everyone here knows, I'm a poor orphan girl from Atlanta, lost her family in the fire." Katherine pretend to cry.

"A match you lit, no doubt." Pearl added while Katherine chuckled. Pearl looked around her, "Where is Juliana?" She asked.

Katherine chuckled, "She a bit locked up as of right now." Katherine paused. "Now what is it that you need, Pearl?"

Pearl sighed, "Honoria Fell came by the apothecary yesterday with a case of this elixir." Pearl told her while pulling out the container and holding it out. "She asked that it be sold at a reduced rate."

Katherine looked at her confused, "I don't follow."

Pearl pushed the container closer to Katherine, "Try it." Katherine took the container and opened and brought it up close to her nose to get a good smell of it before dapping it onto her wrist. Where a sudden stung struck her and she gasped.

"What in hell?" Katherine hissed.

Pearl looked at her friend in pain, "Vervain." She answered.

"Why is there-" Katherine started but stopped herself and looked up at Pearl and sighed "They know."

"They're trying to find us, and they're getting crafty about it. It doesn't help that they found a body burnt to ashes as well Katherine. You need to keep Juliana in control, Katherine, or else they will find us." Pearl explained to Katherine.

"The townspeople ingesting vervain? Well, that's inconvenient." Katherine smirked, "And we were just having some fun Pearl. Is that a problem?"

Pearl sighed, "It might be time for us to move on again."

"No." Katherine snapped. "I like it here and so does Julia, once she learn to have fun once and a while. I'm not interested in leaving just yet." Katherine pointed at the bottle of vervain, "May I have that? It might come into good use."

Pearl handed Katherine the bottle, "As in torturing poor Julia?" She asked.

Katherine smirked and began to walk away. "You know me so well."