Before The Ball

•Mystic Falls, Present Day•

"Wait, let me get this straight. You want me to help them plan to kill you, but go with you to The Ball?"

Katherine rolled her eyes, "Yes, Julia, that's exactly what I want you to do. Do I need to spell it out for you?"

I stared at her, and it finally hit me. "Mason's death was never suppose to happen. Your scared."

Suddenly Katherine had me pinned to the wall, with my arm being shoved between my shoulder blades. I groaned in discomfort. "Listen here Juliana, I'm not having a good day already and you pointing out the obvious isn't helping. Just do as you are told or else I will personally chain you down and make you watch as I kill every living person in your family. Understand?"

I stayed silence until she release her grip on me. In doing so, I quickly pulled away from her touch. "I'll call you when I know for sure what's going on." I answered with no emotion and began to walk out.

Katherine sighed, "Juliana..."

"I'm just being your slave, Katherine. You know, the thing you always want me to be." I snapped and began to leave the room. However, I paused at the doorway, thought for a second before turning around.

I crossed my arms, "You know, after knowing you for years, I finally figured it out." Katherine gave me a confused look, and was about to interrupt, but I stopped her. "You want everyone else around you to be miserable, just like you. That's what you've been doing to me since day one. In Virginia, taking away my child, in Charlotte, and finally, here. You can't suffer alone."

I took a step towards her, "Every time, I've been happy, you took that away. You couldn't stand the thought of me being happy when you weren't." I paused and stared into those evil eyes. "But after the Ball, after I'm done with everything you want, I'm done with you. I don't care if I have to spend the next five hundred years trying to find my sister... my family, I'm done being Katherine Pierce's Pet."

And with that, I left Mrs. Flowers' home.

~

•Philadelphia, 1792•

"Abby, why does mother hate me?" My fifteen year old self asked. We were both walking home from the Market, after my mother asked me to pick up a few items for dinner. It was suppose to be an punishment because of the frost we were going through, however, Abigail decided to join me.

Abby sighed, and stared at the ground as we walked. "Ana, I wish I knew. We are the same, yet she hates you and I know you try so hard to please her."

Tears began to fill my eyes, "Am I not wanted?"

My sister halted, stopping me as well. "Do not ever say that again, Juliana. You are my sister, my twin, you will always be wanted." She wiped away a tear that rested on my cheek. "Please never say that again, we are connected in a way that no one can understand."

"Then what is it? Am I too weak for this family?" I cried, searching for an answer. An answer I knew I wouldn't get. "Father went through war, Mother had us, and you, you are always fighting for me. What have I done?"

Abby put her lips together, thinking, but nothing came. She opened her mouth, but she never spoke. Tears began falling from my eyes, as I shoved the basket into her arms and processed to run away from her.

I ran until I no longer heard her call for me, then I fell to the ground and just cried. I was weak, my own sister confirmed it. I was of no use to this family. Only slave, a slave to my father to help him, a slave to my mother for her to punish, and a slave to my own sister.