(32) Opposites

-Highschool AU-

You quickly walk down the schools halls, clutching your books to your chest. This was going to be your first tardy in the history of your entire highschool career, and it was all his fault.

"Hey love."

"I thought I told you not to call me that, Ahk." You say, slamming your locker door shut.

"You did." Ahk smirks. "But I've never been a good listener."

You roll your eyes. "Well, if you would excuse me, I have a class to get to."

Ahk crosses his arms and leans against the locker. "Deny it all you want, (yn). You know you want me~"

You feel you cheeks grow pink. "In your dreams!" You say, walking away.

Ahkmenrah was the biggest flirt in grade eleven. He had a new girlfriend just about every week, and would dump them the second he found something better. Lately, he had been after you.

He also got into a lot of trouble. He'd show up to class late, skip assignments, disrespect teachers, and even vandalize property.

But you were the complete opposite. You were the perfect student. You had straight A's, and never missed assignments. You were a teachers pet, and you were a law-abiding citizen. Everything Ahk wasn't.

You enter the classroom, right as the bell rings, and take a seat at your desk. "Alright class, please take out your notebooks, and go to your vocabulary section."the teacher says, turning on the projector. 

You do as your told, and turn to a brand new sheet in your book. The teacher begins going over the words, as you and the rest of the class copy them down. About five minutes later, the door swings open, and Ahkmenrah comes in, his backpack lazily swung over his shoulder. You roll your eyes.

"Ahkmenrah, what have I told you about being late to class?" The teacher asks, sounding annoyed. She crosses her arms over her chest.

"You said, and I quote, 'Ahkmenrah, if you're late to every class you'll never learn anything. Then you'll never amount to something.'" He said in a obnoxious girly voice.

You turn around and glare at Ahk, who only winks at you with a smirk. You quickly scoff and turn around, not wanting Ahk to see the blush that was once again forming in your face.

Your feeling towards Ahkmenrah were complicated to say the least. Sure, he was handsome and charming, but he was also a player. It was hard because you weren't sure if his feelings were genuine, or if he was just after another fling.

You sigh and continue the assignment.

:-Ahk's POV-:

Ahkmenrah bit his lip and sighed. He was always jumping around when it came to girls. He would date them until it got boring and then he'd leave without batting an eye. It was a cycle he had for over two years now. It never bothered him before, so why now?

(Yn) (yln) was different from the other girls. She was smart, sweet, and beautiful. He loved the way her (hc) hair bounced up and down flawlessly as she walked through the halls, and the way her eyes sparkled in the sunlight.
He just wished he knew how to get through to her.

:-(Yn) POV-:

You put your books into your book bag, and close it up. You slam your locker door shut, thankful another school day was over.

As you walk down the hallway to the door, you keep an eye out for Ahk, not wanting him to try and hit on you again, because if you were being honest with yourself, you'd say that his flirting was actually getting through to you.

You sigh and walk out the front doors of the school, into the bustling streets of New York. Normally, you would take the right street to get home, but since it was being re-paved you had to take the left street. Even through the left street was shorter, it was way more dangerous. Thief's, hustlers, and just all-in-all sketchy people lived there. It had a pretty high crime rate. Any other time, you'd call a Taxi, but you had no money on you. The left street was the only option.

You take a deep breath and clutch the strap of your backpack as you turn left. You keep your head down to try and keep a low profile, and hope you aren't noticed by anyone.

It goes well for the first ten minutes or so, until you feel someone roughly grab your forearm and pull you off the street and into an alleyway.

"Let go of me!!! Help!!" You scream out, trying to break out of the mans grip. The man grabs your neck and pins you to the wall. He takes a knife out of his belt strap, and holds it up to your cheek.

"Now are you going to shut up and give me your bag, or do things have to get dirty? It'd be such a shame for something to happen to that pretty little face of yours." He growls.

You squeak out a "no.", and you give him the bag.

He smiles and begins rummaging through it, while still holding onto you. Your heart pounds through your chest in fear.

"Hey!"

The two of you look to the entrance of the Alleyway where Ahkmenrah was standing holding a long rectangular wooden block in his hands. "Let her go." He firmly says, hitting the wood against his hand.

"Get lost kid." The man scowls.

Ahk suddenly runs towards the man with his wooden block in the air, swings it at his head, and knocks him out. The man falls to the ground in a loud thud.

You look down at him in shock, and then up at Ahk, who is tossing the wood block to the side. Your heart is still pounding and your gasping for air.

"(Yn), are you alright?" Ahk asks, slowly approaching you.

You look at him as tears well up in your eyes. You quickly hug him, and bury your face into his chest. He he looks down at you in shock, but returns the hug.

"Thankyou." You whisper.

"It's...no problem. I know you probably wouldn't believe this...but...I'd do anything for you." He softly says, rubbing small circles on your back with his thumb.

You look up into his brown eyes. "After all I've said to you?"

"Of course." He gives you a genuine smile as he wipes the final tear from your cheek. It was at that moment that you realized the whole "tough guy" persona was just an act.

You smile back. You slowly stand up and you tip toes and connect you lips with Ahk's. He returns it, still shocked.

When the two of you part, you just stare at each other for a moment. "That was...wow." Ahk says. "Does this mean that we're..."

"Dating?" You ask.

"Yeah...that."

"I think so."

"I think so too." He says, kissing your cheek.

You blush again. But this time you didn't hide it. "Care to walk me home...boyfriend?" You ask, putting your books back into your bag.

"Of course...love." He nervously glances at you to see if the nickname is alright.

You smile, confirming a 'yes' and take his hand. "Let's go."

Hi everyone!!
Sorry this got out a bit later then usual.
But I wanted to say thank you, because today this book hit 10,000 reads!! Thank you to each and everyone of you for reading! It means a lot :)

-Emma

(P.S. requests are still open!)