(23) You First

(Modern day AU)

You glance over at your boyfriend, Ahkmenrah. You were sitting on the couch in his penthouse apartment, over looking the city. He sighs in content at watching the sunrise, but today you simply couldn't enjoy it.

You absolutely loved your boyfriend and all, but he was becoming a serious workaholic. He was the CEO of one of the most successful companies in New York City, and in only three short years he had become a multi-millionaire.
You were incredibly great full that he took you in, let alone date you, but in all reality, you really just wanted to spent more time with him. Like you used to.

You lean your head into his shoulder as you muster up the courage to ask him the question. "Hey, babe?"

"Hmm?" He looks down at you.

"Do you think...that maybe...y-you could take the weekend off work so we could go to the l-lake?"

Ahkmenrah looks down at you, clearly surprised.

"(Yn), you know how important this job is. I can't just take time off. This is too important." He states.

"But you're the boss aren't you?"

"Work comes first, darling." He says, trying to use your pet name on you. He kisses the top of your head.

You blush but stand up. You walk to the door and grab your jacket. "I remember when I came first. Now work is more important than me!" You growl, opening up the door.

"(Yn), wait!!" Ahk shouts, standing up.

"I'm done waiting! I'm going out." You say, without looking back.

Ahkmenrah stared at the front door. How could he have been so stupid? He tried to think of the last time he even took you on a date, but couldn't recall anything from more than a month ago.
Ahkmenrah felt absolutely awful, and he was going to fix it.

-:-:-:-:-

You walk through the front door. "Ahk, I'm home!" You call out, sliding off your jacket. You didn't go far, you just went for a jog around Central Park. You always did it when you needed to clear your head.

You walk into the kitchen "Ahk? Ya in here?" You ask. Huh. You think. He must not be home.

You sit down at the island, and take a banana out of the fruit bowl. As you pull off the yellow peel, you take out your phone to scroll through Instagram. As you look at your friends recent posts you sigh. They all have been posting pictures of them and their significant other, having an amazing time.

Suddenly your phone rings, and a picture you took of Ahkmenrah on his first day at his new job appears on your phone. You quickly accept the call. "Ahk?"

"(Yn)? I need you to meet me outside, quick!"

"Now?"

"Yes, hurry!"

You hang up and quickly take one last bite from the banana. You run out the door and to the elevator, but when it doesn't come up fast enough you resort to the stairs. You enter the empty stairwell and hop on the railing and slide down, something you haven't done in awhile.

You burst out of the front door of the apartment building to see Ahkmenrah, standing outside of an electric blue jeep, packed with bags.

"Babe? What is all this?" You ask in shock.

"(Yn), I feel absolutely horrible about the way I treated you. I never should have put my job before you because I'd rather loose it than you. Can you forgive me...darling?" He blushes and bites his lip.

You smile. "Of course I can."

He takes you hand. "How would you like to go to the lake?" He asks, leading you to the car.

"Well...I'll have to check my schedule." You pretend to be deep in thought. "Lucky for you, I'm free."

The two of you hop into the jeep. "I love you, (yn)." Ahkmenrah says as he starts the car up.

"I love you too."