(52) The Cube of Rubik -Shipped Off pt.3-

Hey everyone!

For the sake of romance Ahkmenrah's gonna go to the Smithsonian with Larry to get the tablet back.
Before you say "But Emma, the tablet is at the Smithsonian, how does Ahk come to life without the tablet?"
And my response is: SssShhHHh...this is my book so I can do whatever the heck I want! I hold all the power as the almighty author Hehe😏😈
So just ignore the major plot holes and pretend they aren't there🙃
.
.
.
:-:Ahk's POV:-:
Ahkmenrah slowly walked down the corridors of the Smithsonian archives. He felt his stomach turning into knots. He hadn't seen his brother since...well since that night. The night he died. Ahk shuddered.

He was also excited. He'd get to see (Yn) again. Even though it had only been a couple of nights, Ahkmenrah already missed his girlfriend terribly.

"Ahk."

The young pharaoh looked up and saw Larry waving at him from across the hall. He quickly darts over to him. "Did you find them?" He asks.

Larry sighs. "I...did. Just brace yourself...okay?"

Ahkmenrah's heartbeat quickens. As he slowly walked into the room he could feel goosebumps crawl up his arms. Egyptian soldiers, frozen in place, were surrounding a large metal storage crate. Their sharp spears were pointed towards the crate, which was cracked open.

Ahk approached the crate, being careful not to get poked by the spears. He peeked his head inside. There she was.

(Yn)'s beautiful face was frozen in fear. Her (ec) eyes were wide, and she protectively clutched the tablet as though her life depended on it. Ahkmenrah places his hand on her cheek. "I'm so sorry you had to go through this, love." He whispers.

"Ahk, we really have to go. It's almost sundown." Larry urgently says in a hushed whisper.

Ahkmenrah felt torn. On one hand, he wanted to see (Yn) alive one last time, but he also knew he couldn't wait and allow Kahmunrah to come back. He sadly sighs and reaches for the tablet. As he pulls it from her grasp, he slowly exits the crate. Out of nowhere, the tablet begins to brightly glow. "Oh no..."

Everyone comes back to life.

"Ahk?"

Ahkmenrah looks behind him to see (Yn) alive once again, looking at him with wide eyes. She smiles and runs out of the crate and into his arms.

The queen nuzzled her head into his chest. "I've missed you so much..." She whispers.

"I'm missed you too, darling." He mumbles into her hair.

The couple was brought back into reality by the sound of shouting. The door to the storage crate was slammed shut by the Kahmunrah's soldiers. Ahkmenrah gripped his tablet tightly and he feels his heartbeat quicken as he locked eyes with his brother.

"If it isn't my baby brother." Kahmunrah's voice oozed with sarcasm as he slowly approaches the young pharaoh. "What a pleasant surprise."

"If you lay a finger on him you'll be sorry!" (Yn) growls, marching towards Ahk's brother.

Ahkmenrah felt his cheeks grow warm. (Yn) had always been the more fiery and outgoing person in the relationship while Ahk had always been the more calm one. He admired (and found attractive) the way his girlfriend could speak her mind, but he knew she was poking a grizzly bear with a stick.

The young pharaoh quickly grabbed (Yn)'s wrist and held her back. The girl looked back at him. "Ahk, what are you doing?"

"Trust me, darling. Not now."

Kahmunrah grins. "He's right 'darling'. Step aside and let the men talk."

(Yn)'s cheeks turn red from anger. "Oh, you did not just go there..."

Larry quickly steps in between the two. "Guys let's try to calm down a bit, okay?" He turns to face Kahmunrah. "Who the heck are you anyway?"

"I am Kahmunrah, the great king of the great kings, and from the darkest depths of ancient history, I HAVE COME BACK TO LIFE!" Kahmunrah steps back to look at the night guard's shocked expression, only to find that Larry was completely unfazed. "Perhaps you did not hear what I just said. I am a centuries-old Egyptian pharaoh. I was dead, but now I HAVE COME BACK TO LIFE!"

Ahkmenrah rolls his eyes, causing (Yn) to giggle.

Larry nods. "Yeah no, I heard that. I got that. Welcome back."

Kahmunrah stares at him dumbfounded. "W-Who are you?"

"Larry. Larry Daley of Daley Devices. Up in New York. It's funny, I actually um know your brother, Ahkmenrah." Larry points to the pharaoh standing behind him. Ahk awkwardly waves.

"Oh do you." Kahmunrah turns back to face his soldiers. "He knows baby brother. The favorite son."

"Yeah, good kid."

Kahmunrah scowls. "Oh isn't he just? You know mother and father always gave him the best of everything and I do mean everything-they even gave him the throne. The throne which was rightfully mine!"

Ahkmenrah sighs. "Brother, we've been over this."

"Well, now begins the era of Kahmunrah because I HAVE COME BACK TO-never mind just give me the tablet." Kahmunrah extends his hand.

"Don't do it Ahk." (Yn) whispers, tightly squeezing his hand. "He'll unleash the army of the undead!"

"You'd shut your mouth if you knew what was good for you, girl."

Ahkmenrah steps in front of (Yn) defensively. "Don't talk to her that way." The pharaoh walks up to his brother and looks back at Larry who nods his head. Ahk hesitantly places his golden tablet in Kahmunrah's hands.

"Wise decision." Kahmunrah then shouts something in Egyptian and the guards begin filing out of the room.

Larry quickly pipes up. "Yeah, no, because I'm sorry."

"We just thought you wanted the cube as well." Ahk shrugs his shoulders.

Kahmunrah stops in his tracks and spins around. "The cube?"

"The cube...of Rubik," Larry says.

Ahkmenrah steps forward. "Mother and father never told you, but the tablet came with a powerful cube. It can turn your foes into dust." He takes a deep breath, hoping his brother would buy his lie.

"Bring me to this 'Cube of Rubik.'" Kahmunrah demands.

"Only if you release my friends first." Ahk firmly says.

"I'll release them after you show me this cube."

"Alright. But (Yn) stays with me." Ahk holds out his hand for Kahmunrah to shake.

Kahmunrah thinks for a moment and then shakes his brother's hand. "All right brother, you have a deal."