(12) The End Will Come

You tightly secure the bandana around your face. Dust and sand were blowing at you from all directions, and this square of fabric was the only thing protecting you from breathing it in. You pull down your goggles, and step out of your fathers car, to join him and your little brother, C.J. You meet the two of them by a map. For several years now, your father had been searching for the tomb of Ahkmenrah. When he and his archeology team discovered the general area where the tomb was located, your father packed his bags and took you and C.J. with him to Egypt.

"(Yn), I need you and your brother to head back to the car. This dust storm is only getting worse." Your father says, turning to face you.

"But pops, I want to stay out here and help you guys!" You protest.

Your dad rubs his temples in annoyance. "(Yn), please don't argue with me right now. I'm already stressed enough as it is."

You sigh. "Fine." You nudge C.J. and began walking back towards the car, taking a slightly different route because of the direction the wind is blowing.

Suddenly, as the two of you walk, the ground gives out below you, sending both you and your brother falling down into a mountain of sand. You fell around for a moment, before seeing a torch attached to the wall. You reach into your pocket and pull out a box of matches. Lighting one, you set fire to the golden torch. "C.J?" You call out, waving the torch around trying to find him.

You turn around to hear coughing, and you see your little brother coughing up sand. You run over to him, and pat his back. "You alright?"

He coughs once more for good measure. "I think so...Where are we, sis?" He asks looking around.

"Call me crazy, but I think we're in a tomb of some kind..." you say, waking towards a wall to show C.J. the Egyptian paintings along the stone bricks.

"Woah..."

The two of you turn around to face the back wall. Three sarcophaguses lie against the wall, with a golden tablet of some type hanging above the middle one.

"Wait a second..." you quickly pull a folded up piece of paper out of your back pocket. "That's the tablet of Ahkmenrah! We found the Tomb of Pharaoh Ahkmenrah!" You happily shout, showing the paper to C.J.

"No way..." he says in awe.

Suddenly a rope ladder falls down from the hole in the ceiling. Pops then comes climbing down, followed by other men from the expedition. "I can't believe you two found it!!" He exclaims, running over and hugging you and your brother. He then turns to one of the other men. "Let's start loading the trucks before this storm gets any worse."

Suddenly an Egyptian man wearing all black grabs C.J. by the shoulders and shakes him frantically. He yells something at him and pops shoves him off of your brother. "What's the matter with you?!" He shouts.

You walk up to one of the other men. "What did that man say?" You ask.

The mans face turns ghostly white. "If we remove that tablet from the tomb...'the end will come'" he says, shuddering.

"But that's just a legend...right?"

The man shrugs his shoulders and walks off.

You glance back over at the middle sarcophagus. You could sense a strange energy radiating off of it. You recall the words the man said.

"The end will come."