(1) Here For You

You wake up in the dark. You weren't sure why you were awake. The last this you remember was laying on your death bed in Egypt, your husband at your side. Suddenly you hear a voice.

"Should we open this one, dad?" The voice sounds like it's coming from a young boy,
But he has a strange accent.

"Yeah, good eye, Nicky." Another voice says. It sounds more like that of a man.

You suddenly hear the sound of wood being pulled apart, but even though you see light, it's all muffled by your bandages.

"Hello?" The man asks.

You slowly pull the bandages off of your face, letting your hair fall down. "Where am I? Who are you?" You ask. You look at the man, who had white skin and brown hair. A younger boy is standing next to him, holding some type of metal tool.

"My name is Larry Daley, and this is my son, Nick. You just arrived at the museum of natural history, New York, and were bought to life by the tablet of Ahkmenrah." The man or, Larry explains to you.

Ahkmenrah...that name alone makes your heart ache.

You try to stand, but fall after not using your legs for so long. Nick puts his hand on your shoulder "Take it easy. You've been asleep for 4,000 years."

"4,000 years?!" You feel yourself begin to panic. "Its okay, it takes some time to get used too." Larry says, smiling at you.

"Is Ahkmenrah here?" You quickly ask.

"Oh, yeah, I think he's in the African wing. Why?"

"Please, I need to speak with him." You urgently say.

"Of course." Larry turns to Nick. "Nicky, go get Ahk, okay?"

"Sure dad." Nick says and runs off.

A few minutes later a very familiar pharaoh comes running in. He runs to you side and grabs your hand. "(Yn)? Is it really you?" He says, his eyes wide.

"It's me, Ahk. I though I'd never see you again." You say, tears forming in your eyes.

Then Nick pipes up. "Wait, so you two know each other?"

"Yes. (Yn) was a servant to my family back in Egypt. We became extremely close over those years, until my brother became jealous. That's why he murdered me, he wanted to have (yn) all to himself." Ahkmenrah explains, clenching his fist.

Suddenly everything came flooding back to you. Ahkmenrah has no idea of what you've done. He was always so kind to you, and this is how you repay him? Your eyes tear up and suddenly waterfalls flow from your eyes. You begin sobbing, and Ahk turns you to face him. "(Yn)? What's wrong?" His face is full of concern.

"I'm so sorry Ahk...I'm so sorry!!! I-I..." you continue sobbing.

Ahkmenrah turns to Larry and Nick. "Could you please give us a moment?" He asks.

"Yeah. Cmon Nick." Larry says, and walks out, Nick following behind him.

Once alone, Ahkmenrah turns to you. "(Yn), what is it? You can tell me."

"I-I...after you passed away...your brother made me m-marry him..." you say through tears.

Ahkmenrah's face goes white. "What?"

"I didn't want to...but he gave me no choice, Ahk...I'm so sorry."

The pharaoh is silent for a moment. He knew his brother could be heartless...but this? He felt sorry for you, and then felt rage towards his brother. He takes a deep breath and then speaks. "It's alright. My brother never gave anyone choices. Thankfully, he's not here, so you don't have to worry about him. I'm so sorry he did that to you."

You continue sobbing, "Ahk...it was horrible...being with someone who killed your love..."

Ahkmenrah looks at the ground and then looks back to you. He pulls you in for a hug and strokes your hair. "It's going to be okay."

Ahkmenrah may not have known for sure what you had to go through being his brother's wife, but he was here for you. And alway would be.