(19) My Night

Hey everyone!! I'm sorry for such a long pause in writing. I've been having extreme writers block. Please comment or message me with requests! I'll be sure to give credit to you. :)

This definitely wasn't how I was planning for my night to go.

When dad said that he wanted us to come to his new job at the museum, I wasn't planning on three old dudes trapping us in the Egyptian wing, dad going absolutely crazy from smacking Teddy Roosevelt's horse, or the museum actually being magical and the exhibits all coming to life. I should've just stayed with mom.

Dad, my little brother Nicky, and I all look up at the creaking noise above us. Two giant jackal statues were peering down at us, holding there spears defensively. "Uh...dad...?" I nervously say.

Dad glances over at the sarcophagus, where the mummy inside was banging on the lid, screaming. He grabs Nicky and my hand and rapidly drags us over to the sarcophagus. "(Yn), help me with this lid." He orders.

"But dad-"

"NOW!"

I don't argue and do as I'm told. A few moments of grunting later, the lid had finally been pushed off. A mummy in dirty and musty bandages slowly sits up.
Dad frantically begins explaining our situation to him, as Nicky crouches behind me and clutches onto my hockey sweatshirt.
The mummy then says some word in a different language to the jackals, who bow in respect.

The mummy then turns to us and begins making loud groaning noises as he turns to face us.

"Dad..." Nick says as dad puts his arm defensively in front of us.

The mummy begins unwrapping his bandages, and I squeeze my eyes shut, not wanting to see some rotting corpse. I slowly open my eyes to see a young man who only looked to be seventeen. He coughs out a puff of sand and looks at the three of us with his large eyes. We all stare at each other for a couple of moments.

"You would not believe how stuffy it it's in there." He says in a British accent. He steps out of the sarcophagus and looks around, as the three of us stare at him in awe.

"How can you speak English?" Nicky asks him.

The mummy continues looking around as he reply's, "I went to Cambridge University."

"You went to Cambridge?" Dad asks, sounding skeptical.

"I was on display in the Egyptology department." He then turns to face us. "I am Ahkmenrah. Forth king of the fourth king, ruler of the land of my fathers." He states proudly.

"Uh, I am, uh...Larry...son of Milton...? And uh, This is my son Nick, and my daughter, (yn). And we hail from Brooklyn." Dad bites his lip. "Well I do. They come out and stay with me on Wednesdays and every other weekend."

Ahkmenrah looks at my dad with a confused expression, like my dad was crazy. Well, maybe he was, just a little bit.

"That was the uh...custody agreement we had." He finishes off. Nick and I both exchange a glance, and I shrug.

"Larry, Nick, (yn), guardians of Brooklyn. I am forever in your debt." Ahkmenrah begins. I feel my cheeks become a light shade of pink. "Now, bestow the tablet upon me so that I may  assume command of my kingdom." He says with a small smile, extending his hand out to us.

"Oh yes, okay the tablet. I would...love to bestow it upon you, but we don't actually...have it." My dad nervously smiles.

Ahkmenrah looks at me, as though asking for confirmation that what my dad says is true, and I nod. "Your tablet was stolen." I say.