(50) Shipped Off

No...

This isn't happening...

Your world came crashing down around you in one sentence.

"I'm sorry to be the bearer of such grave news, but the museum is sending most of its exhibits to the Smithsonian Archives." Teddy announces, slowly taking his hat off in sadness.

The museum erupts into a chorus of anger mixed with sadness. You ignore all of it. It was as if everything around you was going in slow motion. You could hardly even comprehend what was happening.

You were leaving.

Forever.

You quickly run down the long hallways of the museum, until you finally reach your exhibit. You always thought it was really cool, as it was accurately designed to look like a medieval throne room, which made sense because you were Queen (Yn), former ruler of England.

Leaning against the wall, you slowly slump down to the floor, cupping your face in your hands. You begin to softly sob. It was as though your picture-perfect life had been shattered.

A hand suddenly touches your shoulder gently, and you flinch. You weren't expecting anyone to come after you.

You glance to your side and see your boyfriend of two years, King Ahkmenrah. He doesn't say anything, and he only intertwines his fingers with yours. You rest your head on his shoulder, and the two of you continue to sit in silence.

Neither one of you had words to describe the pain you were feeling.

You try to wipe the remaining tears from your face. Ahk gently turns your face towards his own, and he wipes one last tear from your cheeks. "I hate seeing you so upset, darling."

"I just...argh..." You cross your arms across your chest. "How could Dr. McFee do this?"

"He doesn't know. Nobody does."

"All thanks to the great 'guardian of Brooklyn.'" You sarcastically say using air quotes. "How could he leave all of us? Didn't we mean something to him?" You look at your hands and turn away from Ahkmenrah. "Perhaps he finally realized that we're nothing more than dusty old relics. Just like everyone else who lives in this city. Maybe they're right. Maybe we really are just stuffed animals and heaps of wax."

"(Yn), you know that isn't true." Ahkmenrah softly says as he pulls you into a loving embrace. "You're so much more than that."

You sadly smile as you hug Ahk back. "Maybe to you, my prince."

Ahk parts from you and places his hands on your shoulders. "No matter what happens, I'll always love you. I'll love you more then all the riches the Egyptian gods could ever give me."

Your cheeks turn red. "I love you-"

Ahkmenrah cuts you off as he gently places his lips on your own. You melt into his arms as you instantly kiss him back. You can feel his hands make their way into your (Hc) hair and you wrap your arms around his neck, deepening the kiss.

As you pull away you look into one another's eyes.

You wished you could gaze into his chocolaty brown eyes forever.

:-:-:-:-:

The last night had finally come to an end. After the exhibits and you took a final walk around the museum you had called home for years, you arrived back in the main lobby. Large wooden crates were scattered around, all of which would be shipped off to the Smithsonian by sunrise.

You squeeze Ahkmenrah's hand as the two of you approach your storage crate. It was so dark and crammed. How long would it be until you would get to see the light of day again?

As Ahkmenrah helps you safely into the box, you don't let go of his hand. Tears begin to well up in your eyes as Ahk wraps his loving arms around you. "I suppose I'll finally get to know how you felt for the past fifty years." You weakly chuckle, trying to lighten the mood.

Ahkmenrah looks at you with misty eyes. "I-I don't even know what to tell you. (Yn), you've helped me grow so much, and I've become a better person because of you. I'm going to miss you more then you could ever know." Ahk places a golden necklace with a shining (fc) gem dangling from it in your hand. "I hope this helps to remind you that I'll always be with you, no matter how far apart we are."

The tears in you eyes finally break past their barriers and begin rolling down your cheeks. "Thankyou so much, Ahk. I'll never take it off." You say, putting the necklace around your neck.

You lean close to his face and kiss the young pharaoh one last time.

You were barely able to keep yourself from having a major meltdown as you lied down in the crate full of packing peanuts. You look up at Ahkmenrah. "I love you so much."

"I love you more, darling." He says, obviously trying not to cry himself.

With that, the crate slid shut, sealing you away in the darkness.

Forever.