(36) Weird

:-Ahk's POV-:

Ahkmenrah walked down the halls of the British museum. Tonight the exhibits were throwing one of their huge parties, and Ahk couldn't wait. After all, this would be his first dance with (yn), a renaissance maiden, as his date.

As he walked through the hall of knights, he saw Sir Lancelot practicing his swordsmanship. Ahk sighed and tried to discreetly walk through without catching Lancelot's attention. Lancelot was an interesting exhibit to say the least. He always talked about Camelot, and tried to make it seem better then literally anything else. He also would often speak without thinking first, usually causing him to be rude.

"King Ahkmenrah!!"

Ahk sucks in a deep breath and plasters a fake smile on his face as he turns around to face the knight. "Good to see you, Lancelot." He says, trying to sound cheery.

"Where are you headed, my Egyptian friend?" He asks, removing his knight helmet.

"Just down to the dance. Tonight will be my first time dancing with (yn) as a date." The pharaoh excitedly says.

"Ooh how fun! You know, Ahkmenrah, I'm glad that she wants to dance with you even though your dance moves are rather peculiar." Lancelot says with a smile.

Ahk's face falls. "What do you mean?"

"Well your dancing is just rather odd. It's funny, no? The way you wave your arms around in weird directions, and bop your head up and down...Certainly nothing like the dancing in Camelot. So I'm just glad that you found a maiden who doesn't mind it." Lancelot innocently says.

Ahkmenrah feels his stomach churn with worry. Was his dancing really weird? He never really though about it before. He just grew up doing it. What if all this time people thought his dancing was bad? What if (yn) thought it was bad?! He didn't want to ruin his chances with her over his ability to dance. "Lancelot, I need to ask a request of you." He nervously asks.

:-(yn)'s POV-:

You stood back against a wall next to some of the other renaissance exhibits. Tonight was one of the British Museum's night parties, and your date still hasn't shown up, even though the dance started over forty minutes ago. You had been looking forward to dancing with Ahkmenrah, an pharaoh from the Egypt Wing, for weeks now.
Where was he?

You sigh sadly, and try your hardest not to begin crying, as you worry that maybe he stood you up. Suddenly Lancelot comes running through the crowd up to you. "Lady (yn)!"

"Lancelot?" You ask in confusion.

"Ahkmenrah said that he couldn't make it." Lancelot sadly says, "Although I haven't a clue why."

"I can't believe he ditched me and didn't even bother to tell me in person!!" Your cheeks turn res with anger. "Where is that slimy son of a~"

Lancelot cuts you off. "He's in the Middle Eastern section."

:-:-:-:-:-:

You march down the museum halls, steam practically bursting from your ears. You were furious. You walk into one of the rooms and see Ahkmenrah sitting down against a wall, looking at the floor with a sad stare.

"Where were you?" You ask.

Ahk's head jerks up. "(Yn)! I-uh...well you see..."

You walk over to him and cross your arms. "Why didn't you show up? Did I do something to hurt you?"

The pharaoh's eyes widen. "No! Of course not! You aren't the one at fault. I am." He sadly says.

Your face softens, and you look at the pharaoh with a look of confusion. You sit down next to Ahkmenrah. "What do you mean?" You softly ask.

"It's nothing."

"Ahk. I care about you. I want to help." You set one of your hands overtop of his own.

Ahkmenrah sighs. "I'm a bad dancer." He quietly says. "I was worried that if I came to the dance and danced in front of you, you would think I was weird or strange. And then...and then you wouldn't want...me."

"Oh, Ahk...I would never judge you on something as silly as dancing. I like you because you're loyal, compassionate, brave, and smart. I couldn't care less about wether or not you can dance. I like you for you." You smile and kiss his cheek.

He touches the spot you kissed and his cheeks turn a light shade of pink. "You know what?" Ahkmenrah says, standing up. "Let's have our own dance. Just the two of us." He holds out his hand to you.

You happily take it and he pulls you up off of the ground. You gaze into his warm brown eyes. "Show me what you got, pharaoh." You say with a smirk.

"You promise not to judge?"

"Always. Dance like no ones watching."

"You'll be watching."

"I'll be dancing with you. Even if you do look weird, at least we'll look weird together."

Ahkmenrah thinks about it for a moment, and begins dancing to an imaginary tune. You join in and try to imitate Ahk's moves, laughing when you loose your balance and almost fall over, only catching yourself at the last second. Ahk chuckles, and the two of you laugh and dance for the rest of the night.

From that day on, Ahk was never afraid to dance in front of you again.

Gasp, what is this? Two updates in one week? I can't believe I have this much free time...
Anywho...I'm glad I was able to get another one shot out to you guys early! I feel bad for only posting once a week qwq
I can't say if multiple updated a week will become a new thing or not, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
So with that, I hope you enjoyed, and requests are still open!