(33) The Party

Ahkmenrah's POV

Ahkmenrah rushed around the museum, clipboard in hand. He looked down at the clipboard.

Dexter- Streamers

He ran to the main lobby. Dexter was swinging from the ceiling, securing (fc) and silver streamers from the light fixtures.

"Dexter, how are the streamers coming?" Ahk called up to the capuchin monkey.

Dexter gives him a thumbs up as he ties another streamer. Ahkmenrah smiles and puts a check mark next to Dexter's name. He looks back down at the clipboard.

Teddy + Sacajawea- Balloons

He begins heading in the direction of the North American exhibit. Teddy was filling white and silver balloons up with a helium tank, while Sacajawea was tying strings to the balloons. "How are you two doing?" The pharaoh asks, walking up to them.

"We're getting along just fine, lad." Teddy smiles. "How are you fairing?"

"Just a bit worried. This is (yn)'s birthday after all. I just want it to be her best one yet." Ahk nervously chuckles.

About ten months ago the three old guards were replaced by a man named Larry Daley. Larry had two kids, a high schooler named (yn), and an elementary student named Nick. Ahk and (yn) hit it off almost instantly, as they were about the same age. One thing led to another, and long story short, (yn) and Ahkmenrah became a couple within four months. He felt so lucky to have (yn) and wanted to prove to her that he was worthy of her love. After all, a centuries-year-old pharaoh who was being magically brought to life by a golden tablet wasn't exactly a normal boyfriend for a modern day girl living in New York. He really wanted to make this night special for his girlfriend.

Teddy placed a hand on Ahk's shoulder. "I know that she'll love it, lad."

"Thankyou, Teddy." Ahkmenrah looks back at his list. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a cake to check on." He says with a smile.

And with that, he rushes out of the room.

As he runs into the night guard office(there was a kitchenette inside) he sees Jed and Octavius commanding their people as they put ingredients into the cake batter.

"How's it going guys?" The pharaoh asks, approaching them.

Jedidiah tips his hat to Ahk. "Well aside from the fact that one of the soldiers dropped a pointy stick~"Octavius elbows the cowboy and shoots him a glare. "~of butter into the batter...every things just dandy."

"Nice save." Octavius loudly whispers.

"I know." Jedidiah replies.

(Yn)'s POV

"Hey sweetie! How was your day?" Larry smiles at you as you hop into the car's passenger seat.

"It was good! My friends all wished me a happy birthday, and my (after school activity) didn't go overtime." You say, buckling the seatbelt, and checking your watch. It was 7:00 P.M.

"So, Nicky's already home, what do you say we head to the apartment, open presents and eat some cake?"

"Sounds good to me! But don't you have to get to work?" You look out your window at the sun that was sinking lower and lower into the horizon.

"Nah. I explained the situation to Dr. Mcfee and he said I could take the night off."

"Really? I thought he's super strict about that?" You ask, skeptically.

"Apparently he really believes in the magic of birthdays." Dad laughs.

You roll your eyes. "Whatever you say, dad."

The two of you ride through the city. Suddenly dad takes a left turn when you should be going right. You shrug it off, figuring that he just took a wrong turn. That is until you pull up next to The Museum of Natural History. Dad parks the car in front of the steps, and unbuckles his seatbelt.

"Dad? What are we doing at the museum?" You ask.

"I forgot a file about the museum in my office. I'll just run in a grab it and be out in a jiffy." He says, closing the door.

You sigh and slump into the seat. You scroll through your social media for a few minutes before your dad texts you.

I need your help, I can't find the file.

You chuckle, knowing how bad you dad was when it came to loosing things. You hop out of the car and walk up the steps into the museum. Maybe if you were quick you'd have some time to say hi to Ahk.

When you open the doors, the museum was pitch black. It was actually kinda frightening. "Dad...?" You slowly walk into the dark museum. "Dad...can you get the lights, please? I can't see a thing." You hold your hands out on front of your body as you try to feel around yourself.
The lights suddenly all flick on.

"SURPRISE!!"

You gasp as all the museum exhibits jump out in-front of you, all blowing party horns. You stumble back at the sudden surprise, and fall into Ahkmenrah's arms. "Happy birthday, flower." He smiles.

"Ahk..this is amazing! I can't believe you all did this for me!" You exclaim, smiling from ear to ear. "Thankyou so much!"

"It was all Ahkmenrah's idea. He wanted to do something special for you." Sacajawea says, stepping forward.

"You wouldn't believe how much time he put into all of this, dear girl." Teddy adds.

Ahk blushes and bites his lip.
"It really wasn't a big deal..." Ahkmenrah nervously chuckles.

You stand on your tiptoes and kiss his cheek. "Thankyou." You whisper.

His face turns a deep shade of red. You loved how adorable he was when he was flustered "W-well then, who wants c-cake?" He stutters.

The museum exhibits cheer as you all head over to the (favorite cake flavor) cake. Your dad lights the candles and the group all begins singing.

"Happy birthday to you~
Happy birthday to you~
Happy birthday dear (yn)~
Happy birthday to you!!"

You smile as you feel a warm fuzzy feeling filling up inside of you. You make a wish.

I wish that I'm never separated from these amazing people for the rest of my life.

And with that, you blow out the candles.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"They'll never know." Octavius says, fist bumping Jed.

...is what Octavius said a total of two minutes before Larry got stabbed in the cheek with a mini spear.

Hey everyone!!
I know this one shot was a bit different, but I wanted to make a birthday one shot cause today's my b-day🥳

(Besides this is my book so I can do whatever I want ÙwÚ)

((Requests are still open))