N i n e ~ "D a t e"

As soon as I woke up, the smell of chocolate chip pancakes hit my nostrils. I jumped out of bed and ran to the kitchen. She had a plate full of pancakes on the table with two more on the stove. I quickly got out whip cream, the rest of the chocolate chips, and strawberries because I don't like the cherries that come in jars. I made a face on two pancakes and sat them down at two places on the table. My mom out the last two on the plate with the rest. We dug in. I fell in love from the first bite.

"Thank you mommy!" I said when we finished.

"Welcome baby!" she said. I quickly got changed into leggings and a nike tank top. My mom changed into the same thing as me. We hopped into the car and headed to the gym. I needed to do some type of workout because practice was canceled. After lifting weights a little, we headed out to the basketball court. My mom sat on the floor while I worked on my handle and long range shots. At the end, I decided to take one more shot at half court. I made it in and I had a big smile on my face. We headed home and I took a long nap. My mom woke me up and started doing my hair and make up. I got changed and right after that, there was a knock on my door. My mom answered it while I put in all my piercings and stuff. I walked out to the living room to find Blake and my mom talking. He paused mid sentence when he saw me.

"Wow!" he said. "You look amazing!"

"Thanks!" I said through giggles. I said goodbye to my mom and we left. He took me to this really fancy restaurant that was so not my style. After dinner he took me to the boardwalk. We sat on a bench and got to know each other a little.

"Thank you for a lovely night." I said. He smiled.

"No problem!" he said. I smiled. That's something I did a lot tonight. It was really weird. I normally don't smile a lot. I've just never really been that happy to show it on my face, but Blake made me happy.

"You look gorgeous by the way." he said. I smiled again. He's said that nonstop all night.

"Thank you! You don't look so bad either." I said through giggles. He laughed along with me. "No, but I really meant it when I said thank you. Most guys like to take advantage of me. I'm glad you're not one of them."

"That's messed up how guys get away with taking advantage of girls. If I ever turn into one of those guys, I give you permission to stab me." I giggled. "You don't deserve that. No one does."

"Can I tell you something that I haven't told anybody, not even Kylie?" I asked. He nodded. I took a deep breath. "The reason I drink so much is because of all the people who have taken advantage of me. One night when I was in high school, the guy I was dating forced me to do stuff. If I didn't do what he wanted, he would get physical. That along with family situations basically explains why I'm an alcoholic. Pretty pathetic ain't it?"

"Not at all."

We headed off home. He walked me to my door. I honestly didn't want to say goodbye. I wanted to spend the whole night together.

"So." I said.

"So." Blake said. I giggled. "Goodnight."

He leaned down and kissed me on my cheek. For a second, I thought I felt tingles. He went to walk away, but I pulled him back. I pulled him down and kissed him gently on the lips. We both pulled away with a smile. I don't know why I did that, it just felt like the right thing to do.