S e v e n ~ "N o d a t i n g"

I made a loud gasping noise. Yup, I have hiccups. Bandit tilted his head at me like something was wrong. I rolled my eyes as I grabbed a water and took a long sip. That didn't work another hiccup came, then another, then another. Bandit barked and scared me. I looked at him with a glare. It looked like he was smiling. Well, it did work. My hiccups were gone. I opened a cabinet and handed him a treat as a thank you.

I dialed my agents number because he wanted to talk with me. It went straight to voicemail. I hung up without leaving a message as a knock came at my door. I opened the door to find my agent.

"You have been ignoring me for the past couple days." he said. I laughed.

"I've been busy." I said. "I would never ignore you. Now we can talk while I get my hair and nails done."

I slipped on my flip flops and headed out. My agent drove while my eyes stayed glued to my phone screen. Nails were first on the list. My agent sat in the chair next to me.

"You're more of a girly girl than people think you are." he stated. I giggled.

"Everybody has their inner girly girl released sometimes." I said. He chuckled. "So, what did you wanna talk about?"

"Your dad." I looked over at him. "He is either getting inducted into the hall of fame this year, next year, or the year after that. He wants you to write and give a speech for his induction."

"Why me?" I flinched as the lady started picking at my fingers with tweezers.

"I don't know, he just wants you to do it and I'm in town to help you."

"Okay we can start when we get back to my house."

We went straight to my hair appointment. I darkened my hair and got longer extensions that'll last a couple months.

"What is your natural hair length?" my agent asked. I let out an awkward laugh as we got into the car.

"It's down to my shoulders." I said. "I have a weave, I tip extensions, and micro loop extensions."

The rest of the car ride was silent. We immediately went straight to writing my speech for my dad's induction. I had no idea what to write. I honestly didn't know anything about this type of thing. I didn't know why my dad would choose me when he has other kids that he's more proud of and would love to this for him. Don't get me wrong, I love that he chose me to do this. I just don't get why.

"Hey, your neighbor is Blake Griffin?" my agent asked which broke me out of thought. I put down the pen in my hand and walked over to him. Blake was outside with his dog playing catch.

"Yeah." I said. "It's pretty awesome!"

My agent looked at me. I widened my eyes as I looked up at him.

"No dating!" he said. I smiled. "You have to focus on your career and I don't feel like being a father figure and threatening his life just because your dad's not here and he wouldn't do it anyways."

"Don't worry, he wouldn't be into me anyways." I said.

"Any guy would be lucky to have you, Ally. Stop putting it through your head that they wouldn't."