T w e l v e ~ "F r i e n d s"

The past month has been hectic. Blake won't even talk to me. I have a concussion so I'm out of work. I can't even travel with the team. I'm too scared to walk outside because I might see Blake. I've never felt like this about a guy before. I'm going to get through this the best way I know how to. Work out. I changed into running clothes and immediately started once I left the house. I ran about seven miles before stopping. I had no idea where I was. I patted the pockets on my shorts. I had twenty dollars on me. There was a smoothie shop across the street. I decided to get a smoothie.

"How may I help you?" the guy behind the counter asked me. I looked up at the menu.

"What's the best smoothie you got?" I asked.

"Well, I make one that doesn't have a name for customers who don't know what they want."

"Sure." He began making the smoothie. I payed him when he was finished and told him to keep the change even though it was over ten dollars. I took a sip.

"This is very good!" I said.

"Thank you!" he said. "It has mangos, bananas, and pineapples in it as well as a little something special."

I said goodbye and left. I began walking back the way I came. Blake was outside with some of his teammates when I got back. DJ waved at me as I made my way up my driveway. I waved back before heading inside. I wanted to cry at the thought of Blake not even looking at me. I wanted to cry even more when Bandit told me that he needed to go out. I opened the door and let him go out while I stayed inside. I hated the fact that he went over to Blake's yard. I swear he's doing this just to get me to go over there.

"Bandit!" I yelled as I ran over to his yard. Bandit was jumping up on Blake. I stopped dead in my tracks. Blake laughed as he pushed Bandit off of him.

"Sorry." I said under my breath. Bandit jumped into my arms. I fell to the ground. He ran over to Blake and pulled him by the shirt over to me. I really do have a smart dog. Annoying, but smart. Blake laughed as he helped me up.

"Thanks." I said under my breath.

"Why don't you chill with us?" he asked. I tried to think of an excuse not to even though I wanted to.

"I-I- um, I-" I stuttered. Blake licked his lips. Bandit ran away back to the house. He closed the door behind him. This truly was a set up wasn't it? My doors locked too. This is just great.

"Sure." I said. A smile spread across Blake's face. I couldn't help but to smile with him. We headed inside. Blake put in a movie and plopped down on the couch next to me. There was a knock on the door before a whole bunch of girls walked into the house.

"You must be Ally!" one of them exclaimed. I looked at Blake. His cheeks were red. "Blake has told us so much about you."

Blake's cheeks got even more red.

"I'm Gloria." she said. I smiled and shook her hand.

"I'm Amber." another girl said. She sat down next to DJ as Gloria sat down next to Matt.

"I'm Jada." another said as she sat down next to Chris.

"Nice to meet you." I said under my breath. The movie began to play. Little did I know it was a scary movie. The first scary part, I screamed my lungs off. Everybody in the room burst out laughing.

"I guess the goth really has a girl inside of her." Blake said. My cheeks burned red.

"Tell my teammates about this and I will murder you!" I threatened. He looked straight at the tv with a blank face. I smiled knowing I got my way. After the movie, Blake walked me back to my house. I twisted the door knob to see if it was locked. It was. Blake held up a key. It was the spare I lent him. I took it and unlocked my door. Bandit was sitting on the top step. I swear he had a smile on his face. I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to Blake. I held the key up to him. He gave me a confused look.

"Keep it! Knowing my dog, I'll need it a lot." I said. He smiled and nodded.

"Listen, I hope we could ya know, still be friends." he said. "Things have gotten awkward between us and I don't like it."

"I don't like it either." He smiled.

"Cool." I giggled. "So, um, are you going to the ESPY's?"

"Yeah, I'm actually nominated for an award for my college year."

"Wow! Rub it in why don't ya!" We both laughed. "Anyways, would you like to be my date?"

I sat and thought about it for a while. I wanted to, but at the same time, we're only friends.

"Yeah, I guess." I said. A smile spread across his face. It's the smile that I love to see. I bit my lip as I began to smile. I could get used to this friendship if he keeps asking me on dates.