F o r t y t w o ~ "O l d f r i e n d s h i p s"

I sat awkwardly at the circular table. Marieka and Taylor were in light conversation as Tommy and Gail glanced around the small restaurant we were currently in. Gail's eyes landed on the empty chair next to me. Blake is a half hour late. He's not answering anyone. I have a feeling Taylor knows where he is, but Taylor isn't spilling.

Marieka gave me a small smile before returning back to her husband. We made these lunch plans so Blake could practice and I would have plenty of time to get to my business meeting with Vanessa. She only had Monday off this week, so we decided to go out for coffee to discuss the offer she gave me and to catch up since we haven't seen each other in a little over five years.

"Ally, if you have to go, go." Gail said. She seemed annoyed and she had every right to be. I glanced at my watch. I have an hour before I have to leave.

"I don't have to leave quite yet." I said with a sigh. I gave the small room a once over, my eyes snapping to the door when the bell went off. I rolled my eyes as Blake finally walked in. He glanced around the restaurant, finding our table and making his way over. He kissed my head as he sat down.

"Sorry I'm late, coach and I got talking over a screen and we lost track of time." Blake said. He slid his phone and keys into his pocket, opening the menu up in the process. His hand then found mine and grabbed it.

"I got you a water." I said.

"Thanks." he mumbled.

"That was quite a game yesterday." Tommy said. Blake nodded. He glanced at the menu before looking at me.

"What are you getting?"

"A salad." I said.

Blake went back to looking at the menu, completely disregarding his father's statement until he found what he wanted. Then Tommy and his two boys went into basketball talk as us girls stayed silent. Blake kept a hold on my hand, tugging it every time he shifted his position. Balke ended up letting go of my hand to go off to the bathroom, leaving me with his order just in case the waitress came by while he was gone. As soon as he disappeared, the blond girl showed up at the table.

"Are we ready to order?" she asked in a preppy voice. Tommy answered and she started with him.

"I'll have a medium rare steak with a baked potato." Tommy said. The girl wrote down the order and looked at Gail.

"I'll have the house spaghetti with a small side salad please." Gail said. The girl wrote it down and looked at Marieka.

"I'll have the same." The girl repeated the process, looking at Taylor after.

"I'll have the chicken parm." The process was repeated, the girl looking at me next.

"I'll have the strawberry salad with wheat croutons." She wrote down my order. "And he'll have a medium rare house special burger with sweet potato fries instead of regular, and a salad on the side."

Blake came back as she was finishing writing the order down. His hand grabbed my thigh, giving it a slight squeeze before Gail told him not to do that in public. I giggled before she shot me a glare. I wonder what's up with her. She's been acting different all day.

"Mom, calm down." Taylor said.

"Your mother and I have some news to share." Tommy said, shooting Taylor a glare that told him not to talk to his mother like that.

"We're actually in LA looking at homes." Gail added. Blake and Taylor stared at their parents in shock.

"We think we should move closer to you guys."

"Our home is in Oklahoma." Blake said.

"We want to be close to our sons." Gail said.

"Our home is in Oklahoma." Blake repeated.