S i x ~ "G a m e d a y"

The game was about to start. I put in my mouth piece and wiped my sneakers on the mat before heading onto the court. I was surprised coach was letting me start today. Before tip, I walked over to Kylie and hugged her. The ref blew the whistle. Candace won the tip and tapped the ball to me. I passed the ball to Kristi. She passed the ball back to me when I got to the three point arch. I was being double teamed by my sister and Diana Taurasi. I took a deep breath before dribbling the ball between my legs and then breaking the double team. I lobbed the ball to Nneka and she tipped it in.

I stole the ball from my sister and ran as fast as I could down the court. I could hear her calling me a bitch from behind. I jumped up and finger rolled the ball in before she could get the block. I smiled at Kylie as we made our way back down to the other side of the court.

It's already the third quarter. It's a tight game and we're tied with Phoenix at 55. The refs were going over a call that they made to see if there was a clear path foul when Candace stole the ball from Diana. I stood with coach as she went over a game plan with me. I nodded my head in agreement when she told me to keep being on my sister. I looked up as I wiped some sweat off with my jersey. I saw some familiar faces in the front row. It was Blake and some of his teammates. I didn't think he would actually be here. He was also wearing my jersey like he said he would. I smiled as I made my way back onto the court. Candace in bounded it and Kristi passed it to me. I went into the paint. Kylie met me up in the air to block it. Her elbow hit me in the face. I came down to the floor. The ref called a foul on her. She glared at me as she pulled me to my feet. I looked up to see the replay. I actually got the ball in and now it's a three point play if I make the free throw. I laughed at Kylie as I made my way to the free throw line. The ref passed the ball to me. I shot the free throw and got it in. Phoenix in bounded the ball. Kylie ran down the court. I smirked as I stole from her for the hundredth time in this game and raced down the court. I got and easy lay up. I could tell Kylie was getting frustrated in this game. The expression on her face told me everything. Phoenix called time out. I pulled my sister aside to talk to her.

"Use everything dad has taught you Ky." I said. "Don't let people see you're getting upset and frustrated, your opponent can tell and use it against you."

I walked away. The rest of the game went by pretty fast. Sparks won 100-99. I got the winning shot. I was sitting on the court in disbelief when Kylie came over to me. She pulled me to my feet and pulled me into a hug.

"I love you!" I said as I jumped up and wrapped my arms and legs around her. She giggled.

"I love you too!" she said. "You have a bruise on your face from when I elbowed you."

I pulled away and jumped down from her. I felt my face. It hurt when I pressed on my right cheek bone. She smirked at me before running to the locker room.