21

Narcolepse had ended up falling asleep at some point after Snow's visit and when he awoke again, the room was dark and empty. It was quiet all throughout the house and it was raining outside. He stood, then immediately regretted it and sat back on the bed with a hiss. It was his feet. Still sore from all the walking he had done. He had several blisters and bleeding sores that had been cleaned and bandaged, but it didn't take away the pain of standing. He didn't think he'd be wearing shoes for a while. This sucked. He didn't want to stay in bed until he was healed. He wanted to roam around and know the things that Snow and Freak did. He wanted to see the rest of the property and find out what everyone was doing. He didn't like being kept in the dark like this. Unaware of the things going on around him. But the reality of it was, he had no other choice but to stay and rest and be blind. He was aching all over and standing was obviously a big no no. He laid down again and stared up at the ceiling. If he looked on the bright side, he was back where he belonged. With his family. So... there was one plus side to this. And that would have to be enough.
The sound of the door opening startled him from his thoughts. He turned and looked to find Snow's pale form heading toward him. He was dressed in pajama bottoms and a t-shirt and said nothing as he joined Narcolepse on the bed. He curled up with the brunet and gripped his hand, staring into his blue eyes with his own gray ones.
"Are you alright?"
Narcolepse whispered. Snow nodded and lowered his eyes.
"I'm just tired of being apart. I owe you every apology in the book and... I couldn't sleep."
Narcolepse smiled a bit and kissed Snow's forehead.
"You'll make it up to me somehow."
"Yeah... Somehow."
Snow yawned and tucked his head under Narcolepse's chin, then was quickly asleep. Narcolepse soon followed him off into dreamland.