23

"What happened to Phoenix?"
Narcolepse asked later that day. He was sitting up with a bowl of chocolate and peanut butter cereal, shoveling it into his mouth. Snow was sitting in a chair next to him.
"She's still here. She hasn't really been speaking much and we keep her confined in a room with the window barred. She gets to go on walks around the building once a week."
"So they know she's bad news?"
"I told my aunt what she had done and Evelyn handcuffed her. She's taking me seriously and for that I am grateful. Who knows what she would've done if Evelyn had let her roam free?"
Narcolepse nodded and Snow frowned.
"I should've just listened to you."
"Yes, you should have."
Snow looked at the brunet.
"How did you find us?"
Narcolepse held up his index finger while he chewed, asking for a minute. Then, he swallowed and spoke.
"I looked into the past. I heard your aunt say Georgia and I followed the past all the way here."
"Your gift is so powerful and you don't even know it, do you?"
"No. I know. I haven't even fully tapped into everything I can do with it. I'm afraid to."
"You're afraid? Why?"
"I don't want to get out of control. And I don't want other people trying to use me. It's happened before. If I'm going to use my abilities, it will be because I want to. Not because some asshole is forcing me."
Snow nodded.
"I have to get to my classes. I'll be back in a few hours. In the meantime, you can do more sketching or some word searches."
Snow dropped a sketchbook, word search and some pencils on the nightstand, then stood and left. Narcolepse watched him go, tilting his head to better see his ass in the tight pants he was wearing. Some kind of workout leggings or something. He smirked and straightened his spine, then finished his bowl of cereal and set it aside. This world was messed up. But he couldn't dwell on those things. He was more interested in the good things, anyway. Like Snow's ass for one. And that he was back where he belonged. With his family.