87

It wasn't long after Mirage had spoken to Narcolepse that they sent in a Mutant healer. He was good to go after three days. Mirage released him from the hold that the monster had on him and he followed her on the opportunity to be set free. But just as he was about to set foot into the vehicle, he stepped back and slammed the door shut.

"I can't do this."

"What the fuck do you mean?! Get your ass in the fucking car, Narcolepse. Now."

"I'm not going to leave you behind to deal with the consequences of setting me free. If you want to do right by me or whatever, you'll help me."

"What do you mean? Help you what?"

"We're going to end this stupid operation. From the inside."
"That's both a genius idea and also a very stupid way to get killed."

"Then don't get either of us killed."

Mirage smirked.

"I like a challenge..."

They snuck back inside and it was like nothing ever happened. Narcolepse was wrapped back up in bandages and placed back in the hospital bed. No one was the wiser. But two days later... A new mutant was sent in with Narcolepse, a scientist behind him.

"So... Narcolepse. I hear you had a certain... Close relationship with the Elemental. Is that true? Not that you can answer... And we know the truth anyway. We really need to bring him in and since you seem... A bit under the weather... We decided to look into other options. And by other options, we mean Mimic."

The mutant smiled and tilted his head, waving at Narcolepse. He blinked his cold dark eyes, then Narcolepse was staring at himself, a reflection... as if in a mirror.

"Mimic has now changed into you and has your exact same abilities. He can't access your mind and memories, but he can certainly get close enough to the Elemental to bring him back to us and that's all that matters."

Narcolepse had to remain emotionless and still and it was by far the hardest thing he had ever had to do. What an evil trick...