52

The rest of the flight, Snow and Nicholas tried to come up with a plan to get out of there alive and with their brains intact. How would they get out of this? They could not be captured again. They'd never come back from that.

"What the hell were we thinking?"

Snow whispered.

"We just weren't prepared for this scenario, that's all. We'll figure things out. We can adapt to this situation."

"Can we?"

Nicholas gulped at the question.

"Maybe?"

Snow sighed and sat back in his seat. They were doomed... Freak wasn't going to be rescued. Because they were idiots that didn't prepare for a scenario like this one. Snow looked down at his arm where the girl had grabbed him. His skin didn't even show a mark... How odd. What a powerful mutant... He looked at Nicholas.

"I have an idea."

~

When the plane landed and they began filing off, Snow knew they were going to be followed. But would those mutants risk exposing themselves to the entire French airport? Would they expose themselves to all of Paris? Snow kept Nicholas close and weaved in and out of the crowd and eventually, they lost their tails. When one of the mutants rounded a corner and found them gone, they spoke into a watch on their wrist, reporting the two missing. As soon as the mutant turned his back, Snow came up behind him and hit him with the sound weapon. He caught the boy as he collapsed, then dragged him into the alley and looked at Nicholas.

"Now we have a friend. He should be able to help us, right?"

"Maybe?"

"You keep saying that. Do you know a certain answer to anything?"

"Not really."

Snow huffed a breath and shook his head. When the boy came to, Snow was the first face he saw.

"Hey, kid."

"What did you..."

"Shh... It's alright. You're not under their control anymore."

"I'm... I'm not?"
"No... You're alright. But, hey. Listen. We need your help, ok?"