37 Rewrite

Mirage pulled into an underground parking garage and turned to the other two.

"This is it. Ready?"

"You work for them... Don't you? It's how you knew where to find this place."

Mirage looked at Narcolepse and the brunet glared.

"Freak, put your seatbelt back on."

The boy started to do as told when all four doors were yanked open and all three of them were pulled from the vehicle. Freak screamed and kicked, his tail whipping around. Narcolepse elbowed the one who held him in the cheek, then was grabbed by another and his hands were cuffed behind his back.

"You bitch! I should've known! I should've known!"

Mirage looked at the two with her brows drawn together in guilt... She looked away while they were drugged and taken.

Narcolepse saw the flash of a memory. A sketch he'd drawn. His family... All in separate rooms and strapped to tables. He was among them. What would they do now? Who would help them escape? Did anyone even know they were here? He didn't know what the future held... For once. Was this where it ended? He flinched when he heard a scream of pain. That sounded like... Roderick. What were they doing to him? He had to shout, let him know he was there. They were all here. But what comfort would that bring him? A door opened and a woman came into the room, looking at a clipboard.

"Adrian Wood. Mutation spotted in two thousand fifteen, current age is seventeen. Brain scans show you've got a very powerful mind, kid."

Narcolepse glared at the woman. She lowered her clipboard and looked at him with brown eyes and olive skin and a mess of frizzy brown hair that was pulled into a ponytail.

"You'll be a great soldier."

Narcolepse's eyes went wide.