25

The next day, Narcolepse started classes. Evelyn came in with books and notebooks, writing utensils and other such things. She even brought in a desk with the help of an older blond man with a darker blond circle beard. She pushed in a rolling chair and set it at the desk which faced the projector screen that she left from yesterday. She set everything up, then helped Narcolepse limp from the bed to the chair. While the classes ran, he took notes and paid as much attention as he could, but you know... The mind wanders. He thought about the vision he had where they were all strapped to tables. Was this information he should pass on? Could he even trust these people? They were being completely honest with him and leaving nothing out, but for all he knew, it could've been a trick to gain his trust. He couldn't think like that, but he couldn't help himself. When the classes had ended, he had concluded to keep his visions to himself and he'd tell Snow the same. He was put back in bed, then Freak came running in and jumped onto the bed.
"Hi! How are you? Did you like the classes? What did they teach you about? Do you wanna see what I learned today?"
Narcolepse smirked. It'd been a while since he'd seen Freak so excited about things.
"Go for it."
Freak jumped to his feet.
"I can use my tail as a weapon! Watch."
He whipped around in a circle and his tail wrapped around the chair, then threw it into the wall. Narcolepse jumped at the loud thump, then looked at Freak.
"Damn, that's powerful."
"I know!"
Freak laughed, then went to get the chair and put it back.
"I've been throwing stuff all day."
Narcolepse laughed.
"You'll be great at it in no time, then."
Snow walked in and looked around.
"What was that sound?"
"Oh. I threw the chair at the wall."
Said Freak, looking sheepish. Snow laughed and said,
"You're having too much fun with this. Remember when you smacked Dobson in the face?"
Both boys burst into laughter and Narcolepse watched them with a smile. He wished he could be out there, training with them. But, it still sucked to stand and he still had several healing wounds. He sighed and let his head fall back against the headboard. His eyes met with Snow's and the white haired teen smiled. Narcolepse smiled back. Maybe things would be ok. At least for a while.