81

*A/N*

Hello, readers! So I made some minor mistakes in this chapter and just kinda fixed them and republished this chapter. So, sorry if there is any sort of confusion, it's fixed now. I am working hard on writing new chapters and I'm hoping to get some published today. Thank you! Enjoy reading!

-Bleeding Beauty

Mirage stared into the infirmary as they set Narcolepse's bones and patched up his cuts and scrapes. She still couldn't believe what had happened... What had been going through his mind? He had broken free of the monster for a moment and his first instinct was to throw himself from the roof. Why? Why wouldn't he try to run? Why would he try to end things? Why wouldn't he fight? Anyway Mirage looked at it, it was wrong. He shouldn't want to give up. He should be fighting for his right to life and freedom. Shouldn't he?

Later that night, Mirage came to him, a tablet in hand. She used it to direct Narcolepse to look at her. Then, she began to speak.

"Listen. I know you're awake inside that head of yours. So you listen and you listen good. I messed up. I messed up big time. You don't have to forgive me for that now or ever. But I am going to make my mistake right. Starting as soon as you heal. Once everything is healed and the casts are off and you've gone through their physical therapy, I'm going to set you free. And I don't want you to pull this shit again. I want you to fight for your life. Fight like hell for your right to be alive and do what things you love."

Mirage let out a shaky breath and looked at her feet.

"I can see how wrong everything is here. I see it all now. So you're going to go back to your people. And I will stay here, trying to make up for everything I've done. I will take them down from the inside. So get it into your head. You're going to be free of this place and go home. That's something to look forward to. Just keep your chin up, Narcolepse. Focus for now on getting better."

She let him sleep after that, returning the tablet to its rightful spot. She hoped her words broke through to him... He had to get out of here and keep on living. For her sake. For his own sake. This would be her way of repenting, righting her numerous, disgusting wrongs.

Narcolepse was blinking up at the ceiling a few days later, thinking on the things that Mirage had said to him. She was going to set him free? As soon as he was healed... He could really go home? He could rejoin his family? He felt his stomach drop. Would they even accept him back into their arms? Worse than that... Were they even still alive? Were they still being enslaved and experimented on? God... If he were free... What would he do? Where would he go? How would he even find the others on his own? And if he could find them... How would he free them? He had so much to ponder on. He knew that it would take a lot of thinking over. And he only had until he healed to figure out what to do...