39 Rewrite

Books stared at his reflection with blank brown eyes while he brushed his teeth. He had a great mind, extremely intelligent. But for some reason, he couldn't think a way past the monster taking hold of his mind. He wanted to just reach into his ear and grab one of its spines and yank it from his brain. But... It just wouldn't work that way. He couldn't reach into his brain to grab it. And it wasn't like he had control of his limbs or anything. He was stuck following the orders being transmitted into the lump inside his brain. They stole his ideas somehow, made him build the things there. Weapons. Training facilities. Plans for war. He knew everything that was going on in the operation and he could do nothing to stop it.
"Soldier three-four-eight-two."
He looked at the reflection of another person in the mirror. A young man that couldn't be much older than Narcolepse who was seventeen. He was wearing the typical uniform but his head wasn't shaved, which was a bit odd, but not unheard of. He'd seen a few soldiers still with hair. His was dark and pulled into a small low bun. He had a hat pulled low, covering up his face. He must be new. The soldier stepped forward and lifted up a gun, then stuck it to Books' ear. His eyes would've widened if he had control of them. What was this soldier doing?! Was he going to kill-?! There was a click, then Books dropped to the floor, his whole body collapsing from a sudden onslaught of exhaustion. He stared up at the soldier, blinking rapidly to keep himself awake.
"What did you do to me...?"
He groaned out. He could speak... Why could he speak?
"Shh..."
Said the soldier. Books saw him put a finger to his lips before he lost consciousness completely.