83

"Are you part of the lgbt club?"

Kinz asked.

"Um."

Snow responded, intelligently.

"I am. Everyone there is very welcoming. Do you want to come sit in on the session with me? It starts in like five minutes. If not, there's some other groups."

"It's... Ok. We can join your group."

"Cool."

The two went into one of the rooms and took seats in a circle with an empty seat at the head. Snow saw teens with dyed hair or shaved heads and some of them dressed gender neutral or more masculine for their feminine frame. He felt, somehow, very warm and delighted. These were his people, weren't they? He had never joined any groups like this before in his life, more content to be invisible and an outcast than to be recognized for who he was. Light chatter went on around the seats, all of them seeming to be friends with each other already. They laughed and two of them held hands. It was so amazing. He wondered if Narcolepse ever had any experiences like this... There was still so much he didn't know about that guy. If only they had had more time...

His thoughts were whisked away when a person from the head of the group spoke.

"Welcome, everyone. I see a couple new faces, and some old ones. Why don't we start today by introducing ourselves?"

There were ten teens in all. When they got to Snow, he gulped.

"Uh, I'm Jasper. This is my first time being in a place like this... I'm honestly a bit nervous."

"Awe, don't be nervous. We don't bite. You can be whoever you are here. No judgment."

Kinz said from beside him.

"Yes, that's right. You can feel free to just be yourself here. This is a safe place."
Said the head of the group. Snow hadn't really looked at her since she had sat down. But now that he was, he was finding a sweet round woman with blonde hair and pale skin. She had a very kind, loving smile and caring, compassionate eyes the color of the ocean. She was all welcoming and Snow found himself thinking she must be a very good hugger. All around, she was a cinnamon roll. All fluff and sweetness.

"Well, in that case, my friends call me Snow and I'm very... Very gay."

The group laughed at his words and he smiled, too.

"Welcome, Jasper. We're glad to have you."

"Hi."

Kinz said with a goofy grin.

"Hey girl, hey!"

One of the others said and Kinz laughed with her.

"I'm Kinz and I come here every month. I'm still trying to figure out who I am, but I know one thing fo' sho'. I am not a straight line."

The group laughed and some high fived each other or gave each other knowing looks.

"Not that there's anything wrong with being straight... I just think we have more fun than them."

"Ain't that the truth."
Someone said. Snow laughed a bit.

"Being straight can be cool, too though. If that person can love you for who you are and not get scared off because you're different. Differently... You."

"That's very true and wise."

Said Ms. Cinnamon Roll. For the next hour, the teens went around and talked about their lives and how things were going at home. Some cried and were comforted and given the best advice that the head of the group had. Other teens gave some input, too. They were all so supportive of each other and it was a beautiful thing... When the group ended, Kinz walked Snow to the front.

"What did you think?"

Snow smiled.

"I think I'm glad you pulled me in from the rain. This was a good experience."

Kinz laughed.

"Any time."

"Thanks. I have to get going now, though. But thank you. Thank you for showing me this."

"You're welcome."

Snow gave Kinz a hug, then made his way back to the motel. The rain had turned into light sprinkles, so it wasn't hard to make it back. Snow felt lighter. And good.