84

When Snow got into the room, everyone was getting up and ready.

"Where have you been?"

Skins asked him with a yawn.

"I just took a little walk."

"Ok. We're meeting my friends in about fifteen minutes. We have to drive a bit to get there. Hopefully... Hopefully traffic will let us arrive on time."

"And if it doesn't?"

"Then we are ditching the truck and fucking walking because I am not chasing them to another state again."

Snow laughed.

"Sounds like a good plan."

He went and got his things together, then met the others downstairs. They checked out of the motel and piled into the truck to get going. And to Skins' relief... Traffic was favorable. When they pulled into the parking lot, Snow read aloud the sign in front of them.

"Risa's Corner..."

"Yep."

Skins looked at the boys, then her eyes landed on Books.

"Let me borrow your shirt."

"My what?"

"The plaid button up, let me borrow it."

"Oh."

Books took it off and gave it to Skins.

"Why?"

Skins morphed from her petite self into a man with a mustache. Her light skin turned several shades darker into an even olive tone and her blue eyes became brown. She raised her brows at the boys as she... He? Put the button up on.

"Let's get going."

Even Skins' voice had become deeper and accented. She looked like a Mexican dad. It was kind of hilarious to see someone usually so prim and proper suddenly look husky and intimidating. They piled out of the car and went into the shop. Snow's jaw dropped when he saw Kinz, standing behind the register.

"You work here?"

"Every now and then... Why is it such a shock?"

"Uh... No reason..."

Snow bit his lip and lowered his gaze to the floor. Skins stood looking at a bag of Hot Cheetos and was pretending to read the label when the Cinnamon Roll lady came out from the back.

"Skins. You're early."

"Dammit..."

She morphed back into herself.

"You always get me."

Snow's eyes were wide as saucers.

"Snow... I knew my spidey senses were right about you. You're the Elemental."

"He's the what?!"

Kinz shouted. Snow gave a sheepish smile and waved at Kinz.

"Hi..."