41 Rewrite

Snow stared up at the ceiling and wondered to himself if this were all worth it. If he had a chance, a choice, would he choose to live a life different than this one that he had? Would he choose the path where he was oblivious to this world and those people who were in it? He was so tired... He heard the door open and tears fell down the sides of his face. He groaned and shook his head.

"Shh..."

He felt IV's leaving his skin and heard the monitors shutting off. Was this a dream? He knew it wasn't when an arm slid under his legs and another under his back. When he was lifted, and he screamed out in pain, he knew for sure.

"It'll be ok. It'll be fine, shh..."

Snow whimpered and lost consciousness moments later.

Books stared at Snow's back silently. He was on his side, shirtless and trembling. He had so many stitches along his back and he was covered in bruising. They had really done a number on him... Nicholas returned with bags of ice and a blanket. He covered Snow's lower half, then put the ice against his bruises. Snow flinched and hissed and Books felt for him... He could almost feel the same. But he knew it was just sympathy pain he was feeling. Nobody had ever done those things to Books that they did to Snow. Nicholas turned to Books.

"How're you doing?"

"I'm fine. Tend to him."

Nicholas ignored Books and headed over to his side. He knelt and mumbled,

"Your friend is in bad shape and there isn't much I can do on my own here."

"So what're you proposing?"

"I'm proposing we leave this place and find real doctors."

Snow started coughing just after Nicholas finished speaking. Books looked at him, sadness filling his eyes. He focused back on Nicholas.

"Are you alone? Where's the rest of your operation?"

Nicholas laughed humorlessly.

"There's no operation. It's just the three of us and a soundwave gun."

"Soundwave... How did you come up with that?"

"It took time, I'll tell you that much."

Books sat up.

"We'll talk about this later. For now, I can take care of Snow. Just get me the equipment."

"That's something I can do."
Books smiled.

"Yeah. I know."