74

Snow stared blankly at the plate of pizza in front of him. He was completely uninterested. He had made himself sick thinking about what Narcolepse had been through in the past and what he could be going through now. There was no way he was going to be ok with everything he had going on. It hurt so bad that he might be the reason this was all happening to him. No... He shouldn't try to put it lightly. He was the cause. There was no doubt about it. Narcolepse ended up in the scientists' grip because he had been too careless and got captured. His arm was nudged by an elbow and he jumped and looked to his right at Skins.

"Hey, you need to eat."

"I don't have an appetite currently."

"Come on. You need your strength."

"Pizza is hardly gonna give me strength. It's like... Super unhealthy."

Skins smirked.

"Yeah, you've got me there. But it's fuel. It'll keep you going a little longer."

Snow sighed and picked up a slice, taking a bite. He looked over at another table where Nicholas was devouring an entire pizza by himself. Freak and Books were with him and talking animatedly about how he had enough room for that much. He looked across the booth at Roderick a moment later. The albino was watching them with a slight smile. When he caught Snow looking at him, he turned a smile on him.

"They seem to be having a lot of fun over there."

Snow shrugged. Roderick sighed.

"Snow... You can't get like this."

"Like what? Upset? I should be upset. People are dying because of me. Do you not understand that?"

"Their deaths were not on you, as much as they were not on Freak. Take some of your own advice for once. Stop moping about something you can't change and focus on the things you can. Stop looking behind and look ahead, dammit. Look at what is right in front of you. Your family. We need you here."

Snow breathed out a cold breath in the form of visible mist.

"Yeah, you're right. I need to be in the moment."

He looked over at the other three as they shouted excitedly while Nicholas downed an entire extra large cup of soda.

"You're a monster! How many stomachs do you have? Oh my god!"

Nicholas put the drink down and belched making Books and Freak laugh. Snow smiled slightly and took another bite of pizza. Skins wrapped an arm around his shoulders and hugged him into her side.

"There you are, kid... I need to go make a call, I'll be back."

She left the booth and went out the front entrance. Snow watched her, then looked at Roderick. The albino nodded approvingly.

"Focus on the positive aspects of this life and you never know... You just might make it."

"It means nothing if I'm the only one who makes it, though. I need my family with me, having my back."

Roderick smiled.

"I'm sure we'll be there with you. Because if you make it, we will too. For sure."