"Sandals And Medical Charts"

'It was the day that the family health check-up results came back, When Wocky found out that Dr. Meraktis had lied, he flew into a rage, "I'll teach him!" he said. He took one of the Family's pistols..., ...And, you already know what happened that night, I... just don't see how anyone but Wocky could have done it'

apollo took a little longer to fill in any gaps and information he might have missed, the judge seemed very deep in thought

'So, the pistol did belong to the Kitaki Family, then...'

klavier answered

'Yes. With regards to this, an investigation is underway at the Kitaki mansion... ...on charges of the possession of illegal firearms'

'And the bullet that took the victim's life? Was it...'

'...Fired from the pistol the defendant procured? Yes, this has been proven'

klavier comfirmed, trucy however, didn't understand how that could be possible

'How can you prove something like that?'

'Bullets carry marks from the barrel that fired them, called "rifling marks"'

apollo explained

'Rifling marks...?'

klavier just happened to overhear their conversation and chimed in

'Think of them as being a gun's fingerprint, left on every bullet it fires'

he suggested, after apollo finished writing everything, he looked up at alita for more questions

'And when did you first hear about Wocky's plan?'

'It was the day of the murder. I... I should have stopped him! I just didn't think he would actually do it!'

she said with a frown, putting her hands to her chest, the judge then banged his gavel

'...Very well. The defense may begin the cross-examination'

apollo tested her on her last statement, how could she be so certain it was her fiance

'How can you say that for certain? How!?'

he demanded

'Ah...-'

'OBJECTION!!'

klavier yelled, grinning as always

'Herr Forehead, you will refrain from badgering the Fräulein. It was the defendant... erm, Wocky, was it... who took the pistol from his home. We know this for a fact now'

apollo pouted but he had a point, the judge murmured to himself before he spoke up

'I suppose we do'

'So, how could anyone else have used this pistol to shoot the victim? They could not. Simple logic, ja?'

'...That does seem to be the case. Does the defense have anything to say regarding this point?'

the judge asked, apollo looked at his evidence

"Could someone else have used that pistol...?, wait-"

'Based on your testimony, there was clearly another... One other person had access to that pistol!'

apollo insisted, klavier leaned foward, very interested

'What's this...?'

the judge too was intrigued

'Hmm... Interesting! Let's ask the defense then... Tell the court who this other person with access was!'