"Valant"

he only stepped three feet into the sunshine coliseum before being face to face with Valant

'Well, this is a blast from the distant past'

phoenix silently nodded in acknowledgment

'Seven years, has it been? Frankly, I didn't think I'd ever see you again'

he admitted, phoenix took out the notepad from his pocket as he flipped to a blank page, taking out his pen

'Actually, I came because there's something I want to ask you'

Valant eyed him

'...I've spoken to the press. I've nothing more to say'

Phoenix simply gazed at him

'...i never believe other sources unless it's from the person's own mouth, not a press'

valant went quiet after that, he should've known he wouldn't give up that easily

'I have walked a difficult road these past seven years'

'..you couldn't t perform Magnifi's repertoire'

he guessed, valant held his baton to his face

'Do not be deceived! Valant's skill is the "real deal". I do not require my mentor's hand-me-downs. No, it was my partner who slowed me on my way'

valant looked off to the side

'...His rather well-performed disappearing act seven years ago was the end. ...Or so I thought'

'"Zak Gramarye murdered our mentor, and fled to escape punishment for his crime", You said something to that effect seven years ago'

he said, looking right into his eyes

'I remember it as if 'twere only yesterday. Yet, that was not the way of it, in the end. For while he vanished, the suspicions upon my own person never did! "His partner Zak vanished to protect him..." That's what those thieving magpies of a press said!'

"and this is why i never believe that damn press..."

'Yet that very same press comes to me now, feigning interest. They cover the greatest magic show in history as if it were a vaudevillian distraction! And here must I stand, smiling at them all. What am I, if not a player in some fiendish farce!?'

'you never made it clear what happened? Magnifi's death is still a mystery, and I came here to get the answer from you'

valant again went quiet, but he could see he was hiding something

'The audience has no business stepping upon the stage. They must be content to sit and stare at the spotlight, ...Ask what you will, you'll get nothing from me'

phoenix smirked a little

'we'll see, ...I'm as much a part of this situation as you are now, but my fill in suffered the most, I do have a right to know what happened'

'For seven long years, I have endured... ...Now, finally, the curtain lifts on my new golden age! All the miracles of our troupe, within my grasp!'

Phoenix honestly felt a little bad doing this, but at the end of the day, he had his reasons for doing what he needed to do, he took out the transfer rights and showed him the pink document 

'And what might that be? I see it bears the Gramarye seal...'

'..I should have brought this to your attention sooner, ...But I didn't think you'd be planning your comeback quite so fast'

valant expression suddenly turned more serious

'...... What is this...?'

'A document showing the true recipient of the performance rights to Magnifi's miracles'