"Tiala's Explanation"

'That night, I went to ask Dr. Meraktis for the chart, I had no intention of ever letting that chart fall into the Kitaki Family's hands, But Dr. Meraktis didn't understand..., For some reason, he thought the Kitakis had sent me!, So I gave up and went home... All I did was talk to him!'

apollo stared back at his notebook, then back at her

'You knew about the botched operation... So you tried to get rid of the chart, to save yourself!'

she simply shrugged

'I won't make excuses. ...And I did warn the good doctor. I gave him a chance. I told him that brat got his health check-up report. ...And that he was coming to settle the score'

'Hmm... I see. Very well. Mr. Justice, begin your cross-examination'

'...Yes, Your Honor' 

"This is the last testimony! ...This is my last chance!"

apollo looked down at his bracelet, ..it started to act up at the very last statement, so apollo made his lead from their

'"All I did was talk"... and lie'

he added bitterly

'Wh-What? Show me proof!'

she demanded

"I'm pretty sure about this one... I think I'm getting the hang of this. A little slip in confidence, and they give it all away" 

'The proof... is you, Ms. Tiala, "All I did was talk to him", you claim... Yet you can't hide your own nervous twitch when you say those words!'

alita started to sweat a little nervously

'My "twitch"? What are you talking about!?'

'You have a habit of scratching the area of your neck around the edge of your scarf'

he pointed out, alita widened her eyes at him

'Wha--! Wh-Wh-What!?'

"This is working better than I'd hoped! Her unconscious actions tell the truth she won't say. Habits and lies... Two dots... Connect the dots and find the truth!"

Alita growled and snapped back

'D-Don't look at me like that! I t-told you the tr-truth...'

apollo held back a grin, he was bluffing, but he didn't want to get to cocky, never know when plans can fail after all

'It seems that when you recall what really happened in that office... ...you can't keep your hands off your neck, can you?'

he added a little slyly, and but on a little grin, he enjoyed how frustrated alita got from that

"Hmm... It seems that nervous habits... ...are unconscious reactions that manifest when someone is trying to hide something!" 

'You can't hide behind your scarf, Ms. Tiala! Something happened between you and the victim in the Meraktis Clinic office!, And I've got proof that shows exactly what happened!'

'Wh-What's that...?'

she demanded, apollo eyed her again and pointed out her nervous habit

'...You're touching your scarf again'

alita quickly let got of her scraf then shot him a look full of hatred, he grinned back at it her

'...There's something unusual about this lamp. The bulb is broken... and there's a red splotch on the cord, Seeing how you hide your neck... I think I can come up with a plausible explanation for the lamp's state'