"The Interview: A Recap"

'The only other person in the studio that night was the defendant, It was Vera who poured the coffee. She's admitted as much herself, The only thing that touched Drew's lips during the interview was that mug, And nothing left that studio after he died. Nothing, ...Clearly, the only one who could have poisoned him was his daughter!'

'A nice testimony. Clear, succinct... and without room for doubt'

klavier stated, brushel grinned

'Aw... Shucks. You really think so?'

apollo rolled his eyes as he gave klavier a bitter look

'I believe this clarifies the situation that night. Very well, Mr. Justice. You may begin your final cross-examination!'

Apollo stammered a bit before returning to his proper form

'R-Right...' 

"...I still have one trump card left to play. And I won't let this trial end until I use it!"

'Not one thing...? You're sure?'

he asked as he began to jot down his brushel was reacting'

'Yep, sure as sure can be. ...Well, with one exception'

the judge's eyes widened

'One exception!? What!?':

'"Journalist Spark Brushel Does Interview, Leaves Studio", end quote. Ah. Ah ha ha! C'mon! It's a joke! Get it? Not funny, I know, but still!'

Apollo grumbled in annoyance, but then got thinking

"Did something leave the studio that night? Why does that sound familiar? Where have I heard something like that before...?"

'Now that we've proven our witness is a comedian of sorts... ...I'd like to turn to our defense attorney before returning to the testimony. Do you have any idea what, if anything, might have left the studio that night?'

apollo nodded as he took out the letter box

'This is the only link between that studio and the outside world'

the Judge raised a brow at this

'A letter box?'

'What did Mr. Brushel just tell us? When he entered the studio on the night of the murder... ...the victim had just finished writing a letter!'

'Yeah, I said that. And yeah, it was true'

'Furthermore, you went on to tell us... ...that he put the letter in a yellow envelope and put it in the letter box, But that very same letterbox was empty! In other words, that night, the "yellow envelope" disappeared!'

'OBJECTION!!'

klavier grinned

'...Ah, yes, intriguing. So an envelope has disappeared from the scene of the crime. Of course... this changes nothing'

apollo stared at him, the judge nodded in agreement

'He has a point, Mr. Justice. What we're trying to figure out here is how the poison got into Mr. Misham. Is it really important that this envelope the witness says he saw disappeared?'

'Well, if it did disappear, then something did leave the studio that night. That seems very important to me!'

'Very well then. The witness will add this to his testimony'

Brushel grinned

'You got it'

Klavier smiply shrugged