Pancakes (Jackal Part 2)

((A/N: Requested by @Erza_Knightwalker29! You asked for a part 2 and I wasn't sure until Twitter reminded me that today is Pancake Day! Enjoy!))

You were a strange person. Well, that's what your boyfriend says anyways.

He only says the because for the past several years you two have been together, you celebrate a silly holiday that's dedicated to pancakes. Jackal didn't understand the importance of how delicious and fluffy the breakfast delicacy was!

This year was no different.

It was six in the morning and you got up to make stacks upon stacks of pancakes.

Your boyfriend would probably get annoyed, but you planned on eating it all throughout the day and some for tomorrow morning for breakfast.

"Alright! Time to start Pancake Day the right way!"

This was your lifestyle now ever since your faked death with Jackal many years ago. You didn't mind it since you got to live in peace with the man you loved. Nothing could pull you two apart.

The two of you lived in a secluded area by the mountains in a different country.

You took a large risk of doing so, but you thought it was a good idea for you, Jackal, and your friend Tempesta, the man who carried Jackal while you three crossed the border.

Word got around soon enough that Fairy Tail threw a funeral for you and that several guilds even showed up despite your betrayal. Everyone still loved you despite choosing Jackal over them.

From time to time, you did think of them and hoped they were well. After all, they were family to you.

You did miss them, but you were happy living with Jackal. Every day, you took care of him and you even nursed him back to health after his last fight. When he was resting, you managed to get Tempesta a house not too far from you and Jackal since he requested not to live under the same roof as two lovebirds.

This was how the three of you will start your new lives. You even started to consider getting Tempesta a girlfriend from the nearby village. One of the girls had met him while he shopped with you. When you explained the two of you were close friends, the girl blushed and seemed heavily interested in the man.

For now, you had pancakes to focus on!

"Maybe I should make double of what I made last year.."

You thought for a while before grinning.

"I should triple the amount! Tempesta likes pancakes, so he can come over too!"

Jackal was in for a big surprise for when he woke up.

~~~

Jackal turned in bed half awake, tossing his arm to pull you into his arms only to find that you weren't there.

The man sat up and frowned.

"Where the hell did she go?"

His question was answered by the smell of a certain breakfast food making his groan.

"What a strange woman..."

Jackal got out of bed and walked into the kitchen, but stopped.

This year had gotten way out of hand.

The whole kitchen was covered in pancakes! He couldn't even see you! Hearing you hum was the only confirmation that you were even in the kitchen!

He managed around the pancakes and saw you making more while eating a single pancake.