Precious To Me (Zeref)

((A/N: Requested by @darknessember! I hope this is okay. Too many ideas for this one were coming to me))

"Beware of the Black Mage Zeref."

"He destroys everything in his path."

"Nothing can stop him. Zeref cannot die."

Those were the words adults would tell the other children.

The community you lived in was a peaceful one where life was precious. Everything was cherished.

Except you.

Out of all the luck, you had magic that made everything die upon touch. Your parents feared you as well as those who lived near you.

No one wanted you around.

When you were old enough to take care of yourself, you left without a word.

You loved everyone there and wanted them to live in peace even though they feared you. It was understandable that you couldn't receive the same love as the other children. Leaving was the only way for you to express how much you loved everyone, to let them know you wanted them to keep living.

After all, life was precious.

~~~

Living off the land, you've grown into a respected woman who takes cares of injured animals.

You've gained more knowledge on your magic and have learned to control Death's Kiss, the name you had given your magic.

Animals would bring you food in return of you taking care of them.

"Thank you."

You petted the deer's head and received the sack of berries.

The sound of shuffling came from the shadows catching your attention and the deer's.

"Go on and get home. I'll be fine."

Watching the animal take off, your eyes were fixated to where the sound was coming from.

"I'm just passing through."

A soft voice came through the trees.

"There's no need to be cautious. You won't see me again."

"I haven't even seen you yet. Can't I at least see your face?"

There was silence before a raven haired male peered out from the trees.

"Someone who is innocent as you should keep living and stay far from me."

"Innocent? You don't know me."

"Neither do you."

You stared at him and heard the growl of his stomach.

A giggle surfaced from you.

"Here, have some of my berries. I promise, they're not poisonous."

He was hesitant, but walked closer to you, taking some of the berries.

"Can I know your name?"

"If I tell you, you'll run away."

"I don't think so. Besides, you seem like you need some food and water. I can't leave you in a state like this."

He remained quiet.

"Well, I'm (First Name). You can stay with me as long as you need."

The man nodded and just continued to eat berries.

~~~

It had been a week or so since he had arrived.

He would go on long walks, but eventually came back with herbs.