I'll Never Let You Go (Cobra {Part 2})

((A/N: Requested by @BeautifulMiracleMoon ^_^ hope I did good because I had to switch through five different songs to get this right))

Kinana served some drinks to Wakaba and Macao.

"So how's (First Name)?"

The purple haired girl looked up to see you smiling in some guy's arms.

He was a new mage to Fairy Tail and you and him got friendly real quick.

"She seems happy, but...it doesn't feel right. Don't get me wrong, he's a nice guy. I just think she deserves to be with someone else is all."

"Well you both are roommates, so I'm not surprised that you think that way."

Macao looked over to you.

You were smiling, but your eyes told a different story he didn't understand.

Only you knew the story.

It had been several years since you stopped visiting Cobra, but you never told anyone that you even visited him in the first place.

When with (New Mage Name), you put up a façade that you were happy.

The only reason you agreed to go out with him was to get your mind off the real man who had captured your heart.

How much longer was it going to take for you to forget about him?

~~~

He gently kissed your cheek as he dropped you off at your house.

You watched as he vanished from your sight before the fake smile vanished and was replaced by a frown and glistening eyes.

Cobra wouldn't leave your mind.

Sighing, you went inside wanting to just get him out of your head before everyone could notice.

As you closed the door behind you, slim eyes peered out from the darkness across the street, showing concern.

"Is this what you wanted?"

~~~

You set down a cup of tea on your night stand before crawling under the covers of your bed.

Kinana knocked on the door before opening the door.

"You okay? (First Name), this is the third time this week you walked into the house looking like that."

"Sorry. I didn't want you to worry about me."

"You're my best friend! Of course I'd worry about you. Are you not happy with (New Mage Name)?"

If you were honest, you weren't happy. You hated that you were playing on this guy's feelings just so you could forget the one person who was probably the only person you could love.

"Of course I'm happy! I'm just concerned about rent is all."

What a liar you were.

Kinana didn't look convinced, but let it slide.

"Well, if you need anything, I'll be in the bathroom. A nice bath is calling me name."

A small chuckle filled your throat.

"Alright. Don't fall asleep in there like last time."

She blushed.

"That was one time!"

Kinana left as you laughed lightly.

You drank some of your tea and sat in bed.

"I'm such a coward...I should just be honest. Why am I afraid of being honest?"