Home For Christmas (Laxus x male!Reader)

((Requested by @Gdog5500! Hope you enjoy this festive, fluffy, emotional piece of work I have created. I would like to thank JubyPhonic's song Home For Christmas for giving me the inspiration to write this and I would like to thank all of you for sticking around.))

You have been dating Laxus for several months, but never showed much affection in public. Laxus wasn't the type to flaunt about having you as his significant other. It bothered you for a while, but this was how your boyfriend was.

When it was just the two of you, he acted completely different. He showered you in affection and refused to let you leave his sight even for a second. To the world, he was a fearless mage in Fairy Tail with no weaknesses. In your eyes, Laxus was a normal man who cared about you, the man he fell in love with over the years the two of you had gotten to know each other.

As the holidays came up, you were requested to be on a mission. Instead of being home with Laxus, you were far from home to help a bickering couple settle their late son's assets. Anyone could have done this job, but because you knew the couple from your first mission as a mage they would only take you.

The sun had faded away behind the dark mountains and the moon rose into the sky to shine light into the dark streets of the small town. In the room you were staying in, you were feeling homesick. Normally, you spent Christmas on missions because you had yet to have been dating Laxus. Being away from home was alright with you back then, but things were different. The distance between you and Laxus put a toll on your heart.

Was he alright? Did he even care? What if he found someone else and would forget about you before you came back?

Tears fell down your warm cheeks as these questions plagued your mind.

"_____, I brought you some---sweetheart, are you alright?"

You looked up seeing the mother of the late son holding a tray of tea wearing a worried expression on her face. Never had you had someone walk in on you while you were crying. Not even Laxus!

"A kind, young man like you shouldn't be crying when the holidays are right around the corner."

"Thank you, but you don't need to worry about me. I'm just thinking selfish things."

"Nonsense! I know a sad soul when I see one."

She sat down beside you and wiped away the tears that had started to seep into your skin.

"My son used to hide his tears from people. He feared that people would treat him differently if he showed the world that he preferred men over women. His father was rather stunned when he found out, but we loved him still. I accepted him fully into my heart. When I look at you, I see my son from time to time. The look in your eyes right now, you're missing someone."

As if she had flipped a switch, more tears fell from your eyes.

"I want to go home for Christmas this year. I want to spend it with Laxus and just have the day to ourselves. No one to bother us, no Freed to barge in...but I have to spend another Christmas away from home. Is it wrong of me to think of something so selfish?"

She wiped your tears away with a gentle smile a mother would give to her crying child. Her hands held your own before her voice broke the sounds of your sniffling.

"Then go to him. Spend Christmas with your significant other. My husband and I can finish the last few things together. A young man like you deserves to be home with his loved one and do all the selfish things together because you both love each other dearly. There's no need to have a broken heart anymore. You can go home, ______."