Unbound (Rogue Cheney)

((A/N: Requested by @anime_angelgirl! Sorry if Rogue goes OOC here. First 300 words was done at 3 in the morning and then the rest was after me studying for school.))

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"

"Stay in school. It's the only way to be successful."

"Don't leave the house without my permission."

"Never drink or do drugs."

The echoes of your late mother still lingered in your mind. For ten years, you lived in a small house in an interesting city that had its own guild. That guild always made you curious.

Something your mother didn't approve of.

Sabertooth had been small while you grew up under your mother's care. She would stain the guild with harsh words in hopes of destroying that small bubble you had for mages all together.

Why did she hate guilds, specifically Sabertooth?

Your biological father was from the guild before he died on a mission he wasn't ready for. The woman who carried his child blamed the stupidity of mages, and Sabertooth, for being uneducated. If they had been "properly" educated, your mother believed that your father would be alive.

When you were eleven, your mother passed away from a terminal illness. You were free from her rules! Yet, you still followed them as if she never left.

Day in and day out, you went to school, got a job at the cafe, and stayed away from Sabertooth...for the most part.

On your eighteenth birthday, you had to work double shifts at the cafe due to a large party. That large party, unaware to you, would break you from everything you knew and bring you into a whole different world.

~~~

Celebrating another successful mission for the Twin Dragon Slayers, Orga took the team out for some food. Sting believed it was food from the pub, but was greeted by an average cafe with regular people and passing travelers. Unlike Sting, Rogue enjoyed the place seeing how it wasn't as crowded as the pub. Even though many were aware of who they were, no one in the cafe seemed to be overexcited by their presence. It was peaceful compared to the pub or the guild.

As they took their table, a girl around his age stood before them. She was slim, shining (Hair Color) locks, and (Eye Color) orbs that seemed to shine some sort of curiosity, but was shielded by caution. He understood why she would be so cautious. She was a waitress at a cafe where some perverts could come to, but the curiosity made no sense.

"Can I take your order?"

Rogue remained silent as Orga ordered for everyone. She also seemed tired from something. He was curious about her as she took their orders and left without a word.

"She seems like your type."

"What?"

Sting chuckled and smirked at his friend.

"Meaning, a quiet girl who follows to rules isn't my type of girl. You should ask her out. Take her on a date before we head out for the Grand Magic Games. She might even come with us to cheer you on."

The ravenette blushed and looked out the window.

He was curious about her, so maybe just having a conversation with her later when the others weren't around was an okay idea.

~~~

"Thank you for taking both shifts, (First Name). You can take tomorrow off."

You bowed and left the cafe for home. It was busy, but you were so curious about the Sabertooth mages. Why were they at the cafe? They seemed so nice and welcoming. In fact, a few of them seemed well educated, something your mother wouldn't believe.

Stopping in your tracks, you felt someone nearby. Turning around, your eyes grew as a shocked, black haired male with red eyes stared at you, also in shock.

"Um, hey."

"...hi."

It became silent before he broke the silence.

"I didn't mean to scare you if I did. To be honest, I just wanted to have a nice chat with you."

"Why me? I'm just an average person...a girl with no magic."

"No one is truly average. My name's Rogue Cheney and this little guy next to me is Frosch."

Your eyes looked at the green cat in the pink frog suit. Getting on your knees, you gave a kind smile.

"Nice to meet you Fro-kun. I'm (First Name) (Last Name)."

"Fro thinks so too!"

A giggle escaped your lips at the cuteness that erupted from your mouth. Rogue gave a soft smile as Frosh waddled over to you, hugging your leg lovingly.

"He's taken a liking to you rather quickly."

You blushed and looked at Rogue.

"Um, Rogue-kun? What's it like to be a mage? A mage in Sabertooth? My mother...she wasn't very fond of mages after my father passed away according to the neighbors."

"What it's like? Well, I think it's interesting. You get to travel the world and help people who can't always solve problems. There's also meeting new people from your own guild and other guilds. As a mage, you can learn from others as well. In Sabertooth, though, we've been rather strict compared to previous years. I enjoy being strong, but the reason I stay there is to protect Frosch and give him a good home."

Silently, you looked down at the green cat. He smiled happily.

"Mother was wrong. I knew it. Rogue-kun...thank you."

"Thank you? For what?"

"For clearing things out for me. All this time, I've been bounded by my mother's words even if she's not here anymore. Everything I did abided to her rules up until now that I've spoken with you. The Grand Magic Games are coming up right?"

"Yeah. We're leaving in a few days."

"Then I'll leave too. I'll go to the capital and cheer you guys on. This time, I'll see magic first hand and see what it can do. You've freed me from the invisible chains my mother's had on me over the past few years. It's the least I could do for now to say thank you."

Rogue chuckled and helped you up to your feet.

"You don't need to thank me. Helping others is what I do for a living."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Requests are going to open up again soon, but I'll tell you all then. Don't sent requests now until I tell you all I'm opening them up OFFICIALLY. Then there's school. Almost went into panic mode since my Korean class required me to send an audio file of pronunciation of consonants and vowels..and dear mooma decided to play a loud ass movie. I finished it after getting into an argument with her about it because my mic would pick it up. She turned it down and I went to the other side of the room. Now that is done, I can worry about studying for the test on Monday, do math homework, and work on more psychology stuff. YAY Summer semester! ;u;

Coming up next is Natsuuuu~~

CONTACT ME

Instagram: www.instagram.com/minicchichin

Twitter: www.twitter.com/user/mini_unnie

Ask: www.ask.fm/minicchichin