Holding A Conversation (Rufus Lore)

((A/N: Requested by @CheyenneFeldman! Hope this is okay because I sort of based this around the idea of how I had no idea how to tackle a one shot with Rufus.))

"My memory can never seem to keep your beauty intact. It must be from the fact that you get more beautiful each time I see you."

You stood there with a shocked expression.

Did you hear that correctly?

It made your heart skip a beat to even think that Rufus, your long time crush, would say that to you.

You stood there dumbfounded.

A sigh escaped from the person before you.

That pulled you out of your thoughts and recall as to what situation you were in.

"Seriously, (First Name)! How are you going to even hold a conversation with Rufus if you can handle a little flirting?!"

The Rufus before you transformed into your best friend (Best Friend's Name).

In your favor, he/she had magic that allowed him/her to take the form of other people he/she knew.

"Sorry! I mean, I have a hard enough time just saying hi to him when we pass by!"

Your best friend sat down on your bed with a sigh.

"(First Name), it's not that hard. Really, I don't even see why you find that weirdo attractive. He wears a freaking mask on a daily basis! He's like that Freed guy."

"Rufus is nothing like Freed! He's an intelligent person who has a well rounded education and he doesn't fawn over anyone like Freed does with that Laxus guy."

Your friend laughed.

"Alright, alright. Calm down. Man, he better not hurt your feelings when you confess. I'll kick his ass into the next universe if he does. Have him embed that into his stupid memory!"

(Best Friend's Name) only laughed at his/her statement before falling silent.

You sat by the window seeing Sabertooth in the distance. It was a nice view from your home. To think you had the best view shocked you. Sting, your guild master and idiotic friend, crashed at your place once unannounced and had said that you had the best view of the guild.

A smile rested on your lips as you recalled the interesting day.

"Yo, (First Name)! Don't doze off into la la land now. Don't you hear someone knocking on the front door."

Your best friend obviously wasn't going to get it, so you got up and headed for the front door downstairs.

You opened the door, but was taken back for a moment.

Rufus was at your doorstep.

Then you sighed and guessed it was (Best Friend's Name) trying to get you to start a conversation with your crush.

"(Best Friend's Name), it's not working. Stop being Rufus and do something more productive like having a singing contest with Orga or something."

"Why would (Best Friend's Name) be as me and how is being in a singing contest with Orga being productive, (First Name)?"

You let that sink in.

"(First Name)! Who's at the door?!"

Your best friend was still in your room making the Rufus before you...

"I'm so sorry Rufus! I didn't mean to..Ah, um..."

Your face was red as you tried to finish your sentence.