First Christmas (Dobengal)

Snow was falling. Children were laughing. Families were spending time together.

The year was coming to an end, but before that came around, that special holiday was coming around to bring smiles to everyone's faces.

This also happened to be the time you were going to spend your first Christmas with you boyfriend, Dobengal.

The two of you met after the Grand Magic Games.

You joined the guild after Sting became its new master and Sting approved of having a mage who could create illusions among his "family".

It was rather rough being around them at first, but you adjusted after spending time with the mysterious ninja of Sabertooth.

He was a man no one really knew about, but was well respected.

Because of how lost you were, Dobengal helped you out which led to your friendship.

It was nice having Dobengal as your friend.

He never forced you to do anything and always made sure you were okay with everything.

It was rather cute to see him watch over you like that.

In fact, he increased these actions after you told him your past.

To you, it wasn't bad, but to him, Dobengal found it horrible for a child to go through that.

As a child, you didn't have a choice in anything since you were the youngest out of five. Most of the choices were made by your older siblings, so choosing your favorite meal or what vacation you would have was never done by you.

Since then, Dobengal always made sure you had a choice.

Pretty soon, you took note of the boy's shy nature around you.

He would ask you questions in a shy manner as if he was bothering you even if you weren't doing anything.

It was cute.

A month after his shyness, Donbengal had finally asked you out after Sabertooth had their Thanksgiving together. You agreed, but instantly asked if you were okay with him being your boyfriend.

Really, Dobengal was too kind despite his mysterious shield.

Reaching the front door, you knocked on the door with a smile.

The door opened revealing Dobengal wearing a red sweater and some tan slacks. He had gotten all dressed up for you.

You stood there with red cheeks, a red nose, a long sleeved, green dress, white tights, and black snow boots.

"M-Merry Christmas, Doben!"

He blushed at his nickname.

Dobengal smiled.

"Come on in. I'm sure you're freezing."

You walked in seeing the Christmas tree decorated in lights and little ornaments, some with photos of the two of you together.

"Want some hot chocolate?"

"Yes please."

He went into the kitchen as you took off your boots and parked yourself by the fireplace.

You pulled out the gift from your purse with a smile.

The fireplace warmed up your feet as you admired the tree your boyfriend decorated.

Dobengal set down the hot chocolate to cuddle right behind you.

"I'm happy you agreed to spend Christmas with me."