Don't Leave Me Like This (Hibiki Lates)

The cheering continued even after you left the stage.

This was your new life. The life that he wanted you to take.

Seven years ago, you were talented in music. You created your own music and own lyrics.

You and Hibiki were old time friends since the two of you were just twelve years old.

The two of you were always seen together. Even when he was apart of the TriMen, Hibiki always found time to be with you just to listen to your music.

You both learned magic together and joined Blue Pegasus together. There was no way the two of you would break apart.

Or so you thought.

"Amazing job, (First Name)!"

Your agent, Miwa, was an energetic woman. She was the woman who brought you into this kind of world.

"Thank you Miwa. Is there anything else I have to do?"

You were losing energy. At first, all of this idol stuff was fun! Every gig, interview, and photo shoot were enjoyable, but down the road, you started to realize that the more you went down this road, it meant that Hibiki will be out of your life.

"I think the crowd is begging for an encore! You should give them one."

Nodding without really paying attention, you went back on stage with your fake smile.

~~~

"Hibiki, are you sure I should do this? I mean, becoming an idol sounds tough."

"You should do it! More people will love your music and you'll have this great fan base just like us in TriMen!"

You laughed.

He was always trying to make you smile and succeeded every time. Hibiki was also there when you needed help.

"I mean, you're already popular at the guild, so why not take this opportunity! It'll be a less dangerous way to see the world, (First Name)."

"Huh? Hibiki, what are you talking about?"

He had a serious look on his face.

"I hate seeing you go out on jobs that could kill you. (First Name), I'd rather you become an idol and be safe than risking your life."

~~~

As you sang on stage, you looked in the crowd.

This was the life he wanted for you and you hated it when he would worry, but what you hated the most was not seeing him.

Seven years of not seeing Hibiki was torture. You felt as if a part of yourself had been ripped from you.

When you realized that a few years back, you came to terms that you loved Hibiki despite how he flirted with other women, how he dated other women.

The realization of how you felt towards Hibiki broke you. Feelings you didn't want filled within you, but you wanted Hibiki to be happy that you were safe, so you would put on the fake smile for everyone to see.

In the middle of the crowd, your eyes landed on a familiar face.

Hibiki.

~~~

"Guess this is the last time we'll be able to talk like this."

Hibiki shifted as the two of you sat on a bench.

"Guess so."

You had a soft smile, but it was obvious that you were sad.

He held your hand tightly.

"(First Name), stop. I hate seeing you all sad like this."

There he goes, scolding you.

A small laugh came from you.

"Sorry. I can't help it if this will be the last time we'll be side by side."

"Promise me you'll be happy? I prefer to see you happy and I want you to follow your dream of singing and making music."

You looked at him.

Hibiki was serious about it. There was no mistaking it.

"I promise!"

~~~

All those feelings you had that day you both parted filled your body.

He was staring right at you.

As you continued to sing your song, you tried reaching out for him as he did with you.

You wanted to be in his arms and just cry everything out. If anything, you were acting like a scared child.

Just as you were getting closer to touch his hand, his friends pulled him back reminding him of something.

Your heart broke into pieces as you felt the connection between you both was shattered for good.

Not wanting to worry your fans and wanting to keep to the promise you made, you put on a smile.

Only this time, you were really smiling. Smiling based on the fact that you could see Hibiki just one last time.

The crowd cheered once more as Hibiki vanished from your sight.

Once you left the stage and walked into your dressing room, you fell to the floor and just cried.

There was no way of turning back time.

"I don't want this anymore Hibiki. Please, don't leave me like this. Just...just please come here and take me away. I want to be by your side again."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: So my class is over (well has been lol) and I've been doing some other things like getting back to speed on Fire Emblem: Awakening. Been wasting my life on Tomodachi Life with my crazy island filled with Persona characters. Yukari is crazy, I swear! Been also finishing up animes, but that's going really slow because I don't want them to end. Also up to date with Fairy Tail. Stuff is really hitting the fan in this arc. Also...how is Lucy still the main character when Gray has gone through more character development than her? *sigh* Well, I should focus on some other things now...and not touch FE:A for a while...I want to play though lol!

While reading this, I wanted to say that I was inspired by JubyPhonic's cover of Yonjuunana :) Her voice is just too perfect.

Thank you to all those that are enjoying this and thanks to @Moonlightdaydreams for informing that the app is up to date :) You guys are the best and I promise my intentions are not to make you cry, okay? I tend to write more sad things than happy, cute stuff it seems, but some cute and humor is coming up! I swear!