Bravery (Gray Fullbuster)

Poor, dark, and misery.

Those were the three best adjectives that could describe your hometown.

Born and raised, you watched how your parents struggled to support the house and making sure you were going to have a healthier life. Your mother worked at a tavern and your father worked hard as a fisherman.

Since they were hard workers, you were left home alone.

Without the love and affection from your parents, you started to have trust issues. You didn't know who you should really trust and got into some bad situations growing up.

Now, you were in a band of thieves who had just kidnapped some rather rich folk passing through your hometown.

If your parents could see you now, they would be ashamed, but you were born into a cruel world. You practically lived on your own and rarely saw them before their deaths.

“Oi! (First Name)! Tie up this bitch up. She keeps getting loose.” called out her boss as he shoved a young girl before your feet.

She had fear in her eyes and was already covered in dirt with some bruises here and there.

You pulled her up to her knees and started to tie her up making sure it would be difficult for her to break free.

“Please, just let us go! You can take all our things!” she pleaded.

If this was your first time, you would have hesitated, but you've been doing this for five years now. You've learned not to hesitate when they pleaded such words.

“Just be quiet and you'll be fine. If you try to escape one more time, I can't guarantee that you'll live after that.”

Fear appeared in her eyes as she asked, “How...how can you say such a thing?! We're humans too!”

“Humans who are worth something. We have nothing. The lot of us have nothing to live for. To us, survival is more important than anything else. Even if it means killing people.”

Deep inside, it still amazed you that those words could even come out of your mouth. You didn't want to hurt people, but with how your world was dark and filled with people who couldn't be trusted, it was something that needed to be done.

Nothing could change that.