Your Not-So Secret Santa (Hughes)

Now that everyone was equal and followed Jellal to lead the new world, you had been getting along with Hughes.

How is that an accomplishment?

When King Fraust was around, you were a girl living on the streets, struggling to meet ends meet.

Jellal had put his trust in you a few weeks after the rebuilding of the world by showing Erza, Sugarboy, Coco, and Hughes that working together with everyone, rich and poor, wasn't bad as they sought it out to be.

Which brings you to your current dilemma in your room.

As the city was rebuilt before the holidays, Jellal was throwing a huge party for everyone and you were taking part in the Secret Santa.

"Jeez, Jellal shouldn't have put me in charge of this!"

You were also in charge of the matter making it difficult for you to not notice you would know your Secret Santa.

Jellal had you gather everyone's names together and pair them up. All they had to do was bring the presents. On the day of the party, you were to hand out their gifts to each other.

Erza with Jellal, Coco with Sugarboy, so on and so forth until you came down to Hughes and yourself.

A part of you was happy, but another part of yourself knew Hughes would guess right away that it was you. Everyone knew you were in charge of this little gift exchange!

This was stressing you out so much, but you didn't have time to change the list for the tenth time this week! It always came down to you two anyways.

Besides, you had to come up with a present.

The party was only a few days away too!

Time wasn't on your side.

Knock, knock~

Putting away the list in a book, you got up and went to the front door.

"Hey ho, (First Name)-chan!"

There stood Hughes wearing his bright grin as always.

"What brings you here today, Hughes?"

"I can't visit you with no reason?"

"No, but whenever you do visit, you want to play some game."

"That hurts, (First Name)-chan~!"

You sighed and let him in.

Like he always does, the grown man skips into your home.

"You've been pretty busy with the whole planning thing Jellal has you doing."

"Because he knows I'm a hard worker despite what troubles I've gone through while you toyed around in the castle."

"Ouch."

Hughes grinned and turned around.

"So can I see the Secret Santa list?"

"What? No! It's not done yet!"

"Oh come on! You've been working on that for most of the month and you're telling me it's not done yet?!"

"Exactly!"

Your cheeks were burning a crimson red as Hughes continued to try and beg you into showing him the list.

That's when he said it.

"Ooooh~! I get it! You won't show me because you paired us together!"

"N-N-No! Hughes, I did no such thing!"