Achieve True Happiness (Hibiki Lates)

((A/N: Requested by @ashdarkangel~ Hope you enjoy and read the A/N at the end! VERY IMPORTANT IF YOU WANT TO REQUEST!))

Family had always been a big part of your life. Respect your elders, always stick out for your siblings, and never turn your back on the entire family.

Was it possible that you just fell in love with the wrong man?

Neither of your parents approved, your siblings didn't trust him because of his job description, your aunts and uncles kept begging you to break up with him, and your grandparents would talk badly about him behind his back.

Upon growing up, your life had been rather rough since everything was decided on what your family thought on the situation making you miss out on road trips and even concerts. At some point, you just wanted to be happy in life, but that was difficult between your love for your family and the man you loved.

His name was Hibiki Lates, a mage in Blue Pegasus, a gentleman, but also a ladies' man. He was popular with the ladies, so of course he had women around him at work. It bothered you at first, but you learned that he treated you differently compared to other women that flocked to him at the guild.

Your family thought otherwise.

Ren and Eve were there for you on consulting everything and even Hibiki was aware of how torn you were, but there was a part of him that saw different.

The attachment you had to your family was like a young child who needed guidance. Hibiki had tried over and over to break that, but the bond was too strong.

You wanted to just run away with him and be happy, but that meant to break the happiness you held with your family. They would feel betrayed. It was your family that had raised and protected you, so of course it was rough. Yes, you knew you had this childish personality side to you because of your family, but you couldn't just cut the bond so easily.

Cutting that bond would break everything that had been built over the years over a man who had suddenly entered your life at chance.

With this dilemma at your doorstep, you were forced to choose one over the other. Choose the family that had raised and protected you or choose the man you love who always knew what to do in order to make you smile?

~~~

"So [First Name], have you decided?"

He sounded so stressed over the phone. You tried convincing your family to let you live your life as an adult calmly until they had said something you never wanted to hear.

"The second you leave this house for that boy, don't you dare come back here!"

Your whole world broke and you entered a state panic. When he called, you stayed locked in the bathroom trying your best not to cry so much, but it ended fruitless.

"I don't want to choose. I...I don't want to lose either of you."

His sigh was heavy as you both sat in silence. You were a mess and he was obviously questioning everything. How could you blame him though? You were weak and didn't want to lose your entire family over one person. It didn't seem right at all.

"Maybe everything was just timed wrong..?"

"No..even if this was at a different time, you'd act the same. I've told you time and time again, but I don't think I can do this unless you do it yourself. Now tell me..what do you choose?"

The tears just kept falling and the memories you shared with him flashed in your head. It was so difficult. You didn't want to choose! All you wanted was to be happy with both a partner and a family to support you, but why couldn't life just give that to you?

"[First Name]?"

"I..I don't know."

Your hands were shaking, barely any oxygen was reaching your lungs, and almost everything hurt inside you. How could you even decide in a state like this? Was there no other way?

"I don't want to lose you."

"I don't want to lose you either, but I can't keep playing this game, baby. I can't see myself living with someone who still has this childish demeanor. It won't work out if that's the case."

His words hurt, but you understood. If you were holding him back from being happy, then you weren't worth it. Everyone being happy was all you wanted, but if you were holding him back, then maybe you should let him go. That was the hard, cold truth. This was the truth you were afraid of the entire time you had met Hibiki and now it was right in your face.

"So?"

Taking a deep breath, you squeezed your left hand into a ball while staring at the bottom of the tub.

"Then...I guess it ends here."

"Are you sure?"

"I...I'm sorry. I know it's not going to mean anything the more I say it, but it's all I can say because I feel bad for putting you through this. If you're mad at me, I deserve it because of how stupid I am."

A heavy sigh came from his end.

"I don't know what I'm going to do...but are you sure this is your final decision? There's no going back."

You sat there for a moment remembering the happy moments you had with him. The secrets the two of you shared that were never told to anyone else lingered in your mind.

"It is."

For a while, it was silent again. The silence killed you, but you made your decision and it was time to move on.

"Goodnight [First Name]."

"Goodnight Hibiki."

The line went dead and your tears only fell even more. After everything, happiness couldn't be achieved which you thought was possible. Your journey with Hibiki had finally come to an end. Like he had said, there was no turning back and now you had to move on.

Was there ever a way to achieve true happiness in this world?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((A/N: Been meaning to write this for a while, but I wanted to do it after it happened. I recently went through this, but it ended different for me with my boyfriend. Guess you could say this was our first major fight. Hope I didn't make everyone cry like I've done in the past. I seem to have the talent to make people cry LOL I'm so evil without meaning to be!

OKAY Now this is important about requests. Now that I have finished the current list of requests, I'm going to change the rules. If you wish for a request, you can only request one per request session. If you are a male, please state that you wish it to be a male reader, that I way I can embrace the world of creativity! Don't be shy if you wish to request a not so popular character because I love all characters in Fairy Tail minus Jimememememem-what's his face. If you want Racer, go ahead! I already have an idea for him honestly LOL

Now go and leave the requests below along with how you've felt about this installment of this lovely book you all love so much~!))

CONTACT ME

Instagram: www.instagram.com/minicchichin

Twitter: www.twitter.com/user/mini_unnie

Ask: www.ask.fm/minicchichin